International [ISIS Repatriation] Yazidis plead with Canada not to repatriate ISIS members

Arkain2K

Si vis pacem, para bellum
@Steel
Reaction score

Thread Index:

The captured ISIS fighters that nobody wants
Analysis by Nick Paton Walsh, CNN | February 13, 2018

The final stages of the anti-ISIS battle swept up a large number of ISIS fighters, including many foreigners. Some may have been allowed to leave Raqqa, the so-called capital of the caliphate, in the final deal agreed between the Syrian Kurds and ISIS to reduce civilian casualties, under which dozens of ISIS fighters, foreign and Syrian, fled with civilians into the desert.

Other ISIS fighters have been on the run longer. Some are unknown players, but some are also noted criminals, like the so-called "Beatles" -- British ISIS fighters who taunted western audiences as they tortured and executed bound, unarmed hostages kneeling before them.

Notably, five days after their capture, the UK has made no public statement about what it wants to do with the two surviving "Beatles," named by US intelligence sources as El Shafee Elsheikh and Alexanda Kotey. There is clearly a reluctance to put them on public trial in the UK. Perhaps it is out of a fear that it would give them a platform for their extremist beliefs. But there is also a risk of failure -- it may be hard to gather convincing evidence of crimes committed in a far away land. The remains of many victims have yet to be located.

There is one possible solution. When US forces detain someone on the anti-ISIS battlefield, they sometimes hand them over to Iraqi security forces. Iraq is the only functional state where ISIS has territory, and with which the US has a diplomatic relationship. They have also been trying those ISIS fighters caught in their territory quickly and putting many on death row. Many detainees may have been to Iraq as well as Syria, perhaps putting their conduct under Iraqi jurisdiction.

In the meantime, the legal complications are mounting -- as is the number of detainees -- in a detention facility that's far from ideal. It is extraordinary that after nearly 17 years since the September 11 attacks, and after four years combating ISIS at home and abroad, Europe's capitals still stumble when working out what to do with this latest variation of defeated extremist.

Let me get this straight: Politicians in liberal Europe refuses to strip Citizenship from their own terrorists who fought for ISIS, yet don't want anything to do with the aforementioned Citizens after they're captured? o_O

I better not see any fake outrage from those countries when their home-grown jihadists start swinging from the ropes, after they refused to do anything about it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Let Iraq hang em high. Not a tear will be shed.

tumblr_ntnobnby4d1tsf68ao2_400.gif

Let me just throw this out there.

I feel sorry for their family/loved ones probably never seeing these people again while strangers cheer for the death of said loved one.

THAT said, they fucking should have known better what they were getting themselves into when they (the person in question) left.

i wasnt aware there were that many in custody. it seems apparent the european leaders are content to wash their hands of this but im sure now its getting attention theres no doubt a gaggle of middle aged women will champion the fight for their rights.

Last edited:
Give them a trial then hang em high

The world is better off without those twisted enough to go and fight for isis

This is why Canada should lead the world. What they're doing with their ISIS fighters is the clear and correct choice to make when dealing with this situation.

This is going to hurt Europe in the long run.

EU is fucking weird or some of it nations are. they cry when a scumbag is killed in another country by the government but then ignore problems, make problems or do stupid shit like this.

They should all ask for asylum here in Canada. :confused:

I feel sorry for their family/loved ones probably never seeing these people again while strangers cheer for the death of said loved one.

THAT said, they fucking should have known better what they were getting themselves into when they (the person in question) left.

I don't see why Europe can't return them to their loved ones like Canada is doing. This is European foolishness at it again.

U.K Government does not want captured Isis ‘Beatles’ returned to Britain for trial, says Gavin Williamson
By Lizzie Dearden, Home Affairs Correspondent | Wednesday 14 February 2018

gavin-williamson-jim-mattis.jpg

U.K Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson, right, and his US counterpart Jim Mattis are at loggerheads over the future of two British Isis fighters captured in Syria

The British Government does not want two British members of an Isis cell known as “The Beatles” returned to the UK for trial, the Defence Secretary has said.

Gavin Williamson spoke amid a mounting diplomatic row with the US over the jihadis’ fate, with his American counterpart insisting terrorists’ “countries of origin” must take responsibility.

Speaking in Brussels, Mr Williamson said Alexanda Kotey and El Shafee Elsheikh “have turned their back on British ideas, British values”.

“Do I want them back in the United Kingdom?” he asked. “No, I don’t.”

The former Londoners are among hundreds of foreign fighters captured by the US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) in advances that retook all of Isis’s major strongholds in Syria.

Jim Mattis, the US Secretary of Defence, previously said “the important thing is that the countries of origin keep responsibility for them”.

Mr Williamson has drawn criticism for arguing that British terrorists should be hunted down and killed.

“A dead terrorist can’t cause any harm to Britain,” he said in December. “I do not believe that any terrorist, whether they come from this country or any other, should ever be allowed back into this country.”

He and Mr Mattis spoke on Wednesday morning but officials have not announced the results of their discussions.

The US is coordinating information on captured foreign fighters with governments in the broad anti-Isis coalition, and American defence officials say they “generally expect these detainees to return to their country of origin for disposition”.

But Kotey and Elsheikh are believed to be among the dual nationals who joined Isis and have had their British citizenship removed for the “public good”.

Home Secretary Amber Rudd has refused to confirm they had been subjected to the Government measure, which aims to prevent militants returning to Britain.

“The important thing is that these two people face justice,” she said on Tuesday.

“We will always make sure that it’s properly coordinated and that they face justice.

“I can’t comment on individual cases, but we will always make sure that we keep everybody safe.”

The US has ruled out sending Kotey and Elsheikh to the Guantanamo Bay detention camp in Cuba, where terror suspects have been detained indefinitely without trial.

Tobias Ellwood, a defence minister, has argued that the men should be tried at the International Criminal Court, but it can only act when countries are “unable or unwilling” to exercise their jurisdiction.

Kotey and Elsheikh were the last two members of the “The Beatles” to remain at large until they were detained by the SDF in eastern Syria last month.

They were wanted for involvement in the torture and execution of hostages, including the American journalist James Foley and British aid workers David Haines and Alan Henning, whose families have hailed the first step towards justice for their loved ones.

Intelligence extracted during interrogation by American officials has already sparked operations hunting down other jihadis, and could help searches for British hostage John Cantlie, security sources have told The Independent.

mohammed-emwazi-new-1.jpg

Mohammed Emwazi, known as Jihadi John, was pictured in an Isis propaganda magazine after being killed during a drone strike

“The Beatles’” ringleader Jihadi John, whose real name was Mohammed Emwazi, was killed in a 2015 drone strike, and the fourth militant in the cell, Aine Davis, has been jailed for terror offences in Turkey.

Kotey and Elsheikh were declared “specially designated global terrorists” last year for their roles in the group, with officials holding the cell responsible for beheading more than 27 hostages and torturing many more.

A small number of captives, including French journalist Nicolas Henin, were freed and have told of the British militants’ brutality.

Mr Henin, who was released just four months before the group started beheading his former cellmates, said they should not be given the “satisfaction” of being put to death and becoming martyrs.

“What I want is an incontestable trial,” he told The Independent. “I believe both former hostages and the families of those murdered largely share my feelings.

“We all are looking for justice. It will not bring us what we lost, a year in our life or even a son, but it’s still necessary.”

Relatives of Mr Haines and Mr Foley called for Kotey and Elsheikh to be locked up for the rest of their lives.

Elsheikh, 29, was said to have earned a reputation for waterboarding, mock executions and crucifixions while serving as a jailer, while fellow guard Kotey was involved in beheadings and known for “exceptionally cruel torture methods”, including electric shocks.

The 34-year-old is also accused of acting as an Isis recruiter and being responsible for drawing several other British extremists to join the terrorist group.

Born in London, Kotey is half-Ghanaian, half-Greek Cypriot and grew up in Shepherd’s Bush.

He is believed to have converted to Islam in his early twenties, and left two young children in Britain when he travelled to Gaza in 2009 as part of a controversial aid convoy organised by former Labour and Respect MP George Galloway.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...rnment-alexanda-kotey-el-shafee-a8209741.html

Last edited:
It is time for The Bobs to conduct interviews of these ISIS individuals.

If you commit a crime in a country its best that your dealt with in that country be that wannabe jihadis guilty of atrocities in Syria , or gap year trustifarians caught with drugs up their arses in Thailand .

Iraq has about 2000 people up for execution and has been executing about 200 or more each year not counting extra judicial executions, the Iraqi justice system is also sentencing many foreigners to death. Odds are Iraq will have no problem giving these fuckers the rope.

You will generally find that their families aren't much better, hold the same kind of views and often even support what they did. People don't just wake up one day and decide to join ISIS out of the blue. The kind of thinking and attitude that leads Muslims to do something like going off to join ISIS is actually pretty prevalent and deep rooted within Muslim communities across Europe.

You will generally find that their families aren't much better, hold the same kind of views and often even support what they did. People don't just wake up one day and decide to join ISIS out of the blue. The kind of thinking and attitude that leads Muslims to do something like going off to join ISIS is actually pretty prevalent and deep rooted within Muslim communities across Europe.

Yes and no , the British ones seem to have been a mix some were products of insular religious families in someway trying to be 'Holier than Thou' with their parents , and bored callow young men who have given up mundane lives for a feeling of significance and the chance to maraud round with guns and indulge their base fantasies .

These 'Europeans' committed serious crimes in Iraq, so should they be tried and punished by the Iraqis? Why would Europe take them, when they need to be tried in Iraq.

Back