Ishihara vs Erosa added to 196

sidecheckkick

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
TUF Japan winner who fought to a draw with Hirota. Who takes this one? I liked Ishihara on the Road to Japan show kind of like a Japanese Conor and he knows how to win on points too. Erosa was a decisionator on TUF and I was happy Lobov KO'd him like a clown. Ishihara's hair looks like a 90's Arsenio Hall

This card has no supporting fights. An outstanding main event, decent co-main, and nothing else.

This card has no supporting fights. An outstanding main event, decent co-main, and nothing else.

2 title fights and you're still whining? If you don't know the names on the card that's your problem.

UFC 190 sold more PPVs than UFC 189.

When you have a marquee headliner, you don't need a good supporting cast. It's better to use the supporting cast where it's needed - a card with a weaker main event that would actually see a significant bump with a legit supporting cast. When you have a top level headliner, you're already more or less saturating the hardcore PPV buying fanbase. What's the point of adding extra good fights.

UFC 190 sold more PPVs than UFC 189.

When you have a marquee headliner, you don't need a good supporting cast. It's better to use the supporting cast where it's needed - a card with a weaker main event that would actually see a significant bump with a legit supporting cast. When you have a top level headliner, you're already more or less saturating the hardcore PPV buying fanbase. What's the point of adding extra good fights.
I agree I just thought it would look more like 189 or 194.

I agree I just thought it would look more like 189 or 194.

Conor vs. RDA: hardcore crowd check.
Holm vs. Tate: casual crowd check.

It would be stupid to add a strong cast to this. The PPV is guaranteed million plus. Adding a good cast would be wasted efforts with minimal benefits. Much better to save them somewhere else where they're more needed.

I really hope they add 1/2 more fringe contender fights.

It would be stupid to add a strong cast to this. The PPV is guaranteed million plus. Adding a good cast would be wasted efforts with minimal benefits. Much better to save them somewhere else where they're more needed.
I agree with this and your first post to an extent but we don't want it to start being like boxing where the only intriguing fight is the headliner.

No Ufc ppv is guaranteed 1 million plus

Back