Isami Sachiko Double Weave Blue VS Shoyoroll(Batch 7-when released)

Well i ordered an Isami A3. I have been reassured that the A3 will shrink to my sizing.

Next item...to through my hat into the Shoyoroll dance next Friday.

I have a tall slender build. 6'0 145lbs. I always have trouble with sizing, which size would you guys recommend for either the Isami or the SYR? Thanks!

Well i ordered an Isami A3. I have been reassured that the A3 will shrink to my sizing.

Next item...to through my hat into the Shoyoroll dance next Friday.

NICE! :icon_chee

Isami is pure quality! Made in Japan so quality control is not lacking.

NICE! :icon_chee

Isami is pure quality! Made in Japan so quality control is not lacking.

lol. I spoke too soon. I tried to order from Discountmas.com and they came back with a 42$ shipping fee and they are out of CA. So I canceled it.

I might as well go with chokesports and pay 10 more for shipping. Damn i wish Budovideos would get more Isami in.

I'm sure it will be worth it to go through chokesport. The fact you can customize tape and patches makes it that much cooler. :D

I have a tall slender build. 6'0 145lbs. I always have trouble with sizing, which size would you guys recommend for either the Isami or the SYR? Thanks!

I'd go with custom sizing. I'm the same as you, although I have no idea if your arms and torso are as long as mine and your legs are as short. I was considering the A3S Shoyoroll when they launched the SuperLite and BlackStar, but that looked like it would be a bit too long for me, and due to the light weave even after shrinking it it would stretch out. I've also been eyeing the Isami, and comparing the dimensions of a jacket I have that fits well to my Size 5 judo single weave, and doing similar comparisons for pants it was looking like I'd need height and arm length for the jacket at 6L and width at 3L. Pants have a little more give I suppose depending on whether I wear them around the hips or waist but I was looking at 4L length and 3L width there. So custom sized. I got injured so never went ahead and ordered, but Lisa from Chokesports is very helpful, so I'd think going for your build you'd want to do some measurements with the gis you currently have along with physical measurement and see what you end up with.

I'm curious to see if with a custom order they'll do the pants with two loops styled like their BJJFJ gi instead of the antiquated single loop style the currently have.

Glad you grabbed the isami! They're heavier than a lot of gis people are used to, but great on all accounts!

The Isami double-weave is the best Jiu-jitsu gi you will ever wear, whereas SYR is a well-marketed fad.

Back