Is Yuki Nakai the toughest MMA fighter in history?

IIRC Hickson avoided attackin´ that eye.
I'm very sure of that but I mean punch him one single time. Rickson didn't want to hurt that guy any further, and outweighed him by 50 lbs. Why would he need to? His brothers thought he did. "He would do it you!" "Kill him!"

Rickson was like 'nah,I'm not into it', that little guy deserves respect not me to go out and finish him like sub-zero. Young Rockson was basically pleading to himself this man has already had way more than enough.

As a somewhat old mma fan I love these threads.
Back then you could only watch Pride live if you stood up to 12pm in Brazil. Which we did. Watched in zombiemode when we made it.
Cheers. Classic never die.
Isaac Hayes beer.gif

I'm very sure of that but I mean punch him one single time. Rickson didn't want to hurt that guy any further, and outweighed him by 50 lbs. Why would he need to? His brothers thought he did. "He would do it you!" "Kill him!"

Rickson was like 'nah,I'm not into it', that little guy deserves respect not me to go out and finish him like sub-zero. Young Rockson was basically pleading to himself this man has already had way more than enough.
I somehow remember that at one point Hickson was about to attack that eye, but thought twice and changed his mind.

tbh b4 this thread, I was already plannin´to rewatch Nakai vs Gordeau, I´ll rewatch Nakai vs Hickson and let ya know, I´ll check Hoyler´s attitude too

I somehow remember that at one point Hickson was about to attack that eye, but thought twice and changed his mind.

tbh b4 this thread, I was already plannin´to rewatch Nakai vs Gordeau, I´ll rewatch Nakai vs Hickson and let ya know, I´ll check Hoyler´s attitude too
His shoulder or something was hurt after the asian wrestler guy he probably punched Nakai just enough to advance easily and get it done. I'm sure he had to use some punches but nothing meaningful. He had no intention of hurting Nakai any further. I think Rickson deeply respected him, and I think his son was worried my dad is about to kill a tiny man with no vision.

Okay be honest; you had never heard of him until today when I brought him up in another thread on eye gouging :D

His shoulder or something was hurt after the asian wrestler guy he probably punched Nakai just enough to advance easily and get it done. I'm sure he had to use some punches but nothing meaningful. He had no intention of hurting Nakai any further. I think Rickson deeply respected him, and I think his son was worried my dad is about to kill a tiny man with no vision.
jus´curious...You´re sayin´ that you did hear Hoyler tellin´Hickson to target that eye?

Most want to get a big social media following leading to a big payday then sit on their ass collecting sponsorship money and fight at best once a year. I remember when Chuck had a title shot in the bag and still elected to fight Vernon White, not because he needed the money or anything, he just loved to fight.

it's sad that those days are gone.

i never was a Chuck fan, but the way he went about getting a title shot was one of the most bad ass things in MMA.

it was like he was so confident that he was the best that fighting other guys were just a mere speed bump on his road to the title.

jus´curious...You´re sayin´ that you did hear Hoyler tellin´Hickson to target that eye?
Im brazilian. Short on patience, very, and a bit short of time now, but send me timestamps and I'll take the time for mr Gono FTW as a token of my appreciation.

Im brazilian. Short on patience, very, and a bit short of time now, but send me timestamps and I'll take the time for mr Gono FTW as a token of my appreciation.
I believe @Lord Toranaga might have misunderstood: Hoyler probably said "Kill him!", but that does not necessarily means "Target that eye"

I would put Nishijima in there too. Dude went 0-5 in mma, all by stoppage. But he was 24-2-1 in boxing before he decided to give up 70 pounds to Mark Hunt, and stand and bang with him for about 17 minutes.

The amount of damage he absorbed in that fight, while continuing to fight to win, not just survive, doesn’t even make sense.

If ur a fan of the Japanese warrior spirit, and you’ve never seen that fight, you’re welcome.
I've seen the Hunt and Cyborg fights, he's was lighting Cyborg up iirc before he was taken down and finished.

I believe @Lord Toranaga might have misunderstood: Hoyler probably said "Kill him!", but that does not necessarily means "Target that eye"
From that convo alone I'd guess the attitude was more like "fuck not targetting the eye, kill him however!".

Back