Is Yuki Nakai the toughest MMA fighter in history?

Super Shotgun

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Putting aside outside activities like military service etc, is Yuki the toughest motherfucker to ever fight? The man was a 5'6'' 135 lb manlet fighting in an openweight tournament in the wild west mid 90s. Literally had his eye gouged out by Gerrard Gordeau in the first fight, still carried on fighting and beat him, then went on to fight and won again by sub his second fight, then fought the unbeatable God Rickson in the final. He did all this while blind and bleeding from a gross severe eye injury. What a beast, take the toughest UFC fighter today, have their eye plucked out and ask them to continue and win that fight then fight two more fights that very same night in openweight, while they're outweighed by at least 40 lbs in each fight. It blows my mind how this man is not royalty in MMA. He was forced to retire after this tourny since he was left completely 100% blind in his right eye. Overall record 9-2-1.

Yuki-Nakai.jpg

200px-Yukinakai-dougi.jpg

Last edited:
Damn i thought this was a thread
About that buff asian chick

Wish more fighters today had that Japanese warrior heart and spirit... Seems like most want an easy way out...

Putting aside outside activities like military service etc, is Yuki the toughest motherfucker to ever fight? The man was a 5'7'' 150 lb manlet fighting in an openweight tournament in the wild west mid 90s, literally had his eye gouged out by the Nazi fuckhead Gerrard Gordeau in the first fight, still carried on and won it, went on to fight and won again by sub his second fight, then fought the God Rickson in the final. He did all this while blind and bleeding from a gross severe eye injury What a beast, take the toughest UFC figher today, have their eye plucked out and ask them to continue and win that fight then fight two more fights that very same night in openweight, while they're outweighed by at least 40 lbs in each fight. It blows my mind how this man is not royalty in MMA. He was forced to retire after this tourny since he was left completely 100% blind in his right eye. Overall record 9-2-1.

Yuki-Nakai.jpg

200px-Yukinakai-dougi.jpg

OK, OK.. I got it.. You´re askin´for that infamous...

b game all time.gif

He's one of my heroes.

He actually took that loss to Rickson as not because he was FUCKING BLIND but because he was less skilled. So he studied BJJ, became a black belt, and basically became the driving force of spreading BJJ throughout Japan.

The dude's a fucking legend.

Wish more fighters today had that Japanese warrior heart and spirit... Seems like most want an easy way out...
Most want to get a big social media following leading to a big payday then sit on their ass collecting sponsorship money and fight at best once a year. I remember when Chuck had a title shot in the bag and still elected to fight Vernon White, not because he needed the money or anything, he just loved to fight.

Hate Gerard Gordeau to this day because of Nakai.

Dakota Cochrane is tough as hell because he can take a good pounding.

Not really. Nakai fought through the loss of an eye; the loss of an ear stopped Sakuraba.

Saku tips it for me just because he had that absolute war of attrition with Royce and still fought Igor that night. Both are definitely up there though

After retiring from MMA, Nakai became interested on Brazilian jiu-jitsu not due to his own defeat to Rickson, but Noboru Asahi's loss to Royler Gracie in 1996. He learned it from Enson Inoue, and a year later he participated in his first BJJ tournament, the Gracie Honolulu Open hosted by Relson Gracie. Nakai soon won the Pan American Championship on the brown belt category, and afterwards he was granted the black belt by Carlos Gracie Jr, becoming the first person from Japan to hold a black belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu. In 1997, Nakai opened the Paraestra Shooto Gym, and over time was appointed president of the Japanese Confederation of Jiu-Jitsu.

Did people forget about Minowaman and his 100lb balls, I'd say he's up there too with Saku and Nakai.

Back