Is Yoel Romero "Out Of His Prime?"

Adesanya has been knocked cold before. Yoel has less pro fights as well.

I would say he lost the first Whitaker fight because he slipped in the 5th and Whitaker landed on top of him, and in MMA that is enough to "win."

The second Whitaker fight, he clearly won that. He beat the living shit out of Robert Whitaker. I don't care what the judges decided.

The Paulo Costa fight was inconclusive for me. I didn't see anything to make me believe that either fighter won that fight.

However, Yoel Romero is 42 years old, and he may be 43 years old in his next fight. Still, I am hearing any "Yoel Romero is out of his prime" talks. In fact, I hear the opposite. He is the fighter than most MW (except Israel Adesanya) refuse to call out. LOL

So, is Yoel Romero out of his prime yes or no? Let us settle this now before people start making hindsight biased narratives. LOL

It seems like a fan-favorite fighter is only "out of his prime" after he loses and seldom before. LOL
Imagine making excuses for the first Whittaker fight. Whittaker won that one clearly. With an injured leg too.

2nd fight was a draw if anything.

To answer the thread, at 42 he's out of his prime age wise. In terms of fighting, we haven't really seen him decline yet but I think we will start seeing it very soon.

His definitely past his prime, but his still scary for anyone in the division to fight. He can knock out anyone cold on his day without it just being a "lucky punch". Everytime he unleashes you know it could be lights out. You have have to wonder what he would of been like if he started mma a decade earlier.

He loses fights that go the distance because his output just isn't high enough (and never has been) leaving him never clearly winning on the cards.

Dunno

What if Eraser flatlines Bender-San in under a round?

Suddenly losing a competitive 29-28 fight doesn't look bad

Lets see how he looks in his next one and what Costa goes on to do
^Pretty much this.

I'm still not sure if the Costa fight was Romero declining or just Costa being legit. We'll have to see in their next fight.

Yes, but his "prime" was so insane that he still looks amazing.

Five more years and he'll be just starting to hit his prime.

I would say he lost the first Whitaker fight because he slipped in the 5th and Whitaker landed on top of him, and in MMA that is enough to "win."

The second Whitaker fight, he clearly won that. He beat the living shit out of Robert Whitaker. I don't care what the judges decided.

The Paulo Costa fight was inconclusive for me. I didn't see anything to make me believe that either fighter won that fight.

However, Yoel Romero is 42 years old, and he may be 43 years old in his next fight. Still, I am hearing any "Yoel Romero is out of his prime" talks. In fact, I hear the opposite. He is the fighter than most MW (except Israel Adesanya) refuse to call out. LOL

So, is Yoel Romero out of his prime yes or no? Let us settle this now before people start making hindsight biased narratives. LOL

It seems like a fan-favorite fighter is only "out of his prime" after he loses and seldom before. LOL
Whittaker won both fights, albeit the second one was close. I thought Costa put the work on Yoel. I also think yes, Yoel isn't in his prime anymore.

Back