Is Yoel looking like the only person in MW division to be safely on top?

L

Lissove

We know that for the past while MW was looking like a murderers row for each fighter in top 10. Everyone was looking like he would lose the title the next fight defending it because of all the upcoming killers having their turn. But so far it seems like Yoel Romero is the only one looking to establish considerable dominance over this crazy zoo den.

Yoel already took out a big deal of MW killers: Jacare, Weidman, Machida, Brunson. He now only need to take out Rockhold and Whittaker, and seeing Rockhold's chin he might easily be rid of one person holding back his GOAT status.

Yes, Yoel Romero is the A-level athlete the UFC needs, a once EVER fighter trained to be a killer since the day he was born.

Bisping will sit him back down with authority.

No one is safely on top of anything, plus his age...

The problem is Yoel is almost 40. Probably his biggest weakness at this point

Romero needs to get that title shot he isnt getting younger and he can be beat by Jacare, Rockhold, and Mousasi.

His biggest factor is age. He still doesn't have the miles from mma but he sure does from wrestling .

If his fights keep going how they have, With him not taking much damage than he will be on top for a bit..

But at his age one or two Weidman/Rockhold type fights and it could spell the end of his time in mma

Yoel outstruck Kennedy and Machida
Stylistically it's a different story though. GSP out-wrestled Matt Hughes and Koscheck but they're better wrestlers than he is.

Bisping isn't necessarily the most dangerous striker but he's a smart striker and knows how to apply it. Plus his pace is relentless, which could give Romero problems as long as he doesn't eat some kind of Zeus lightning bolt that Romero decides to pull out of nowhere.

No, he should have lost the decision to Jacare, and he should have been disqualified against Kennedy.

No, he should have lost the decision to Jacare, and he should have been disqualified against Kennedy.
50e.jpg

Yoel is awesome but he's beatable by a good few other middleweights and he owes Jacare a rematch should he get that belt.

Why would I be salty, I'm not a fan of any of the fighters involved?

Its just my opinion on those fights.
Tbf I can see where you're coming from. I had him winning the Jacare fight and the Kennedy fight was more his corner's fault. He was fucked and didn't have a clue.

Not condoning it of course but just saying I don't think it was fully intentional on his part.

The only potential issue holding Yoel Back from MW greatness is his bowels

His G&P is ground and poo

EM9mFGt.gif

lol no, he's about to fall off a cliff in terms of performance (the guy is almost 40!).

Everyone ever is beatable.
I think he beat Jacare but it was razor close. And the fight with Kennedy could easily have gone differently.

Back