Is Woodley turning heel to generate interest?

I think he's doing it unintentionally, but it's working.

I'm not sure I've just seen a few posts stating that he played the race card with no one mentioning what he said

After your post, I went back through to see if I could find where this all originated. TBH, from what I can tell, a lot of it's coming from the Luke Thomas interview and Tyron supporters. I can't find a source backing up the idea that Woodley's played the race card. there's been a huge amount of that sort of talk on here the last couple of weeks, it's hard to find where it originated from. I think a lot of it may have come from his supporters tarring all his critics with the same brush.

So it might be that I was wrong in making that statement, unless someone can actually support the claim.

That would have been a quick extra fight, not taking the place of any regular title defense. Tyron offered to fight Nick at 202 in 2 weeks, in order to get that Diaz money PLUS on the Conor card, and make some crazy bank. But again, it wouldn't have taken the place of anything.

Fair enough on that.

You said that he is disliked because of Lawler fans. Then you say that he was disliked way before the Lawler fight. Which is it? And I honestly saw nothing but respect for Woodley from Lawler fans after the KO. I was one of them and I saw plenty of Lawler fans like me giving him the credit that he deserved.

WB is the #1 contender and he has earned his title shot. I don't really care who Woodley is trying to push him aside for. It is bullshit. And I am much more of a GSP fan than a WB fan.

As I said, fans have just had enough of that shit. Rankings should actually mean something. What is GSP ranked?

There have never been more Tyron Woodley threads on Sherdog.

Whatever he's doing, it's working

Turning? Like hell. Homeboy was always a little "edgy" to be polite. He sat out 18 months when not even #1 and just got his ass whipped by rory. Dodged Lombard. Dodged everyone really feeling himself entitled to shot. This is why affirmative action is a bad thing. You get undeserving incompitants non paid dues getting to top. Shit is backfiring on UFC right now

"Turning heel" = "He knocked out the fighter I wanted to win"
Don't forget "trying to fight a different opponent then one i want him to fight (which happens to be the easier of the two)".

Turning? Like hell. Homeboy was always a little "edgy" to be polite. He sat out 18 months when not even #1 and just got his ass whipped by rory. Dodged Lombard. Dodged everyone really feeling himself entitled to shot. This is why affirmative action is a bad thing. You get undeserving incompitants non paid dues getting to top. Shit is backfiring on UFC right now
Only thing that is backfiring is the effects of Conor and his antics

Someone tell Woodley that turning heel is bad for your brand...

turning heel is ok if you don't duck opponents.

Only people he is angering are shertards and leyboard warriors... He wont gain any coverage over this.

He is just making excuses for ducking.

I saw plenty of respect here for Woodley after the KO of Lawler. The "hate" didn't come until after he started trying to avoid fighting WB, the #1 contender.

The same exact thing happened with Bisping. People have just had enough of that shit.
You are spot on, Sir.

In fact, I was one of the only guys at the arena going bananas with Twood's win. I love Lawler, but I wanted an upset and fresh air, but right there after the win, Twood walked by me and wanted zero pics with a few of us (it was empty). He did give me a fist bump, but he was a complete dick. That's when I turned on him, and now he is making it a lot easier.

Just a thought. With his inflammatory comments towards fans of mma, acting entitled, playing the race card and downplaying Wonderboy's achievements, it makes me wonder if he's realised he can't gain fans, so he's just going to do enough to turn people against him. That way, we'll still tune into his fights, but only for the chance of watching him lose the belt.

If so, he's being subtle enough about it that people genuinely think he's a right prick which is actually pretty clever.

Or, you know, maybe he is just that deluded.

The only way he can be a legitimate heel is if he is able to win a few fights. Otherwise he'll just be a fighter that no one really cared about that lost on his first title defense.

Back