Is Woodley turning heel to generate interest?

tumblr_mh3kwt9Pfq1rlo1q2o1_1280.jpg
South-Park-Jesse-Jackson_l.jpg

I think the popularity of Lawler is a lot of it, yeah.

If Hendricks had been the Champion, and Tyron knocked him out just like that the same way, a lot more people would be happy about it right now, praising Tyron and thanking him.

Instead, he knocked out one of the most beloved current Champions.

Robbie Lawler is to the Just Bleed God as Ronald McDonald is to McDonald's.

I saw plenty of respect here for Woodley after the KO of Lawler. The "hate" didn't come until after he started trying to avoid fighting WB, the #1 contender.

The same exact thing happened with Bisping. People have just had enough of that shit.

If Woodley wants to play the bad guy (which I don't think he does) he should try doing it the Chael and Conor way by making people laugh. I don't think Woodley has ever made me laugh, he's always so serious or pissy or trying to be tough.

Woodley should be less Kanye and more Chappelle.

I asked before but no one answered. What did he say about race?

I think the popularity of Lawler is a lot of it, yeah.

If Hendricks had been the Champion, and Tyron knocked him out just like that the same way, a lot more people would be happy about it right now, praising Tyron and thanking him.

Instead, he knocked out one of the most beloved current Champions.

Robbie Lawler is to the Just Bleed God as Ronald McDonald is to McDonald's.

There might be some truth to this to an extent (although I never cared much for Lawler personally). It's like the whole race thing. As someone who dislikes Tyron for his actions, I still have to accept that there will be people out there who don't like him simply because he's black. It's a factor, but I wouldn't say it's indicative of all criticism leveled his way.

Regarding your statement, what is it about Hendricks you think people don't like, and is it applicable to Woodley too?

He's not trying to turn heel but he should go full blown angry black man heel. Look what happens when an Irishman acts like an arrogant coke head. Stereotypes = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

He's trying to get attention, but he's just extremely annoying.

I think he thinks he's got it all sorted and smarter than the rest.

I'll do with deluded.

He'll whinge some more, be shocked at the hate, and then hide behind the race card.

The "hate" didn't come until after he started trying to avoid fighting WB, the #1 contender.

First of all... the hate for Tyron didn't start last week.

Even putting that aside... 'avoiding' Wonderboy by calling out GOAT GSP... gimme a break.

That is nothing at all like Bisping calling out a 45 year old.

I saw plenty of respect here for Woodley after the KO of Lawler. The "hate" didn't come until after he started trying to avoid fighting WB, the #1 contender.

The same exact thing happened with Bisping. People have just had enough of that shit.

Pretty much man. I was bummed he beat lawler but that's mma. Then he started making all those Coments and I was over him

I don't buy into the whole racist thing where fans don't want him choosing but people acting like he's too stupid to know that being a villain is an easy way to earn more money kind of makes me think that has something to do with race....then again a lot of posters on Sherdog are just stupid so they probably think Woodley is as dumb as they are.

what is it about Hendricks you think people don't like, and is it applicable to Woodley too?

Nah, two different situations. Some people just don't click with the fans. Hendricks is one of those guys. I would say people a lot of people find Hendricks annoying, and they find Woodley bland.

First of all... the hate for Tyron didn't start last week.

Even putting that aside... 'avoiding' Wonderboy by calling out GOAT GSP... gimme a break.

That is nothing at all like Bisping calling out a 45 year old.

And how about calling out Nick Diaz?

I know that he said that people only think that he gasses out fast because he is black. Is that what you are referring to?

I'm not sure I've just seen a few posts stating that he played the race card with no one mentioning what he said

And how about calling out Nick Diaz?

That would have been a quick extra fight, not taking the place of any regular title defense. Tyron offered to fight Nick at 202 in 2 weeks, in order to get that Diaz money PLUS on the Conor card, and make some crazy bank. But again, it wouldn't have taken the place of anything.

Just a thought. With his inflammatory comments towards fans of mma, acting entitled, playing the race card and downplaying Wonderboy's achievements, it makes me wonder if he's realised he can't gain fans, so he's just going to do enough to turn people against him. That way, we'll still tune into his fights, but only for the chance of watching him lose the belt.

If so, he's being subtle enough about it that people genuinely think he's a right prick which is actually pretty clever.

Or, you know, maybe he is just that deluded.
You are probably right. He won't get the fights cause he's an amazing fighter so make everyone hate him and they'll pay to see someone beat him bad
Pay day is a pay day

Nope.

MMA fans are turning heel to degenerate interest in Woodley. Because Woodley has triggered the fuck out of them and they don't know how to handle their feelings. MMA used to be a safe space and now it isn't and that's very triggering. And it's Woodley's fault.

I would love to give him that credit, but I don't think so. Someone with that much awareness would showing more tact.

He may be embracing the reaction he has gotten, sure. I don't believe he planned on coming off like this after becoming a World Champion.

Back