Is Wonderboy the new showtime?

No, wasteland please.
Let him face someone who has made weight more than once in a row.

Pettis is an excellent fighter, but he needs distance to be truly effective. Wonderboy has this ability to make you pay for closing in on his range in a way that Pettis can't, or hasn't in his last few fights. The surgeries and long layoffs don't help, and the pressure RDA put on him probably fucked with his confidence.

It'd be nice to see him get a guy ranked between 5-9 to see him try to get his momentum back.

Aside from that, I think Thompson has just taken full advantage of training with extremely competent grapplers. I know Pettis has Askren but he never appears to have made significant strides in his TDD, or keeping guys from getting in close to begin with. Thompson has that front leg ready to snap at any moment, and will throw high kicks to disrupt your rhythm.

So no, I don't think he's in danger of becoming a passive, flashy kicks type fighter the way Showtime has.

Who said that Thompson became better than Pettis all of sudden? Statistically he has been more effective and he defended an elite wrestler takedown. Thats hardly if at all saying that he is better. Everyone has strengths and weaknesess.

Read my post again.

Pettis is fighting top fighters of his division for more than 3 years,he faced a lot of different stylistic match ups,had lots of injuries, took some damage,competed at the top long enough to make their opponents work day and night to figure out his style and come up with something effective.

After all this,does Pettis' and Thompson's recent performances can be compared to figure out their 'strengths' ?

Give Thompson some time,he never faced RDA,Bendo,Cerrone etc.. equivalents of WW(Stylistically).

And possibly quality-wise too,we don't know for sure if it was the same Hendricks yesterday.

Pettis nearly exclusively uses roundhouse kicks. Thompson has those plus uses straight kicks to keep the opponent off. Thompson has way better hands, real KO power. Thompson is a far better counter striker.

Thompson is objectively the more deadly guy on the feet (greater percentage of (T)KO wins, more accurate, and more strikes landed per minute, to name a few metrics). Thompson has 12 wins at the moment, nearly 60% of them via (T)KO. His most recent win was a (T)KO of a former world champion that had never been finished in his career; Anthony doesn't have a single striking finish anywhere near that caliber.

Pettis first 12 wins saw him against much lesser competition and he was only able to pull a 41% (T)KO rate, a rate that has since dropped several percentage points.
Imagine me and you sitting and commentating. Here u are with the stats like Goldberg and me putting u in your place like Rogan.

Depends on how he wears ugly suits with tennis shoes, and gaudy necklaces.

Thompson has way better hands, real KO power. Thompson is a far better counter striker.

Though in Pettis's defense we have to admit he has the edge in athleticism and explosivity.

Depends on how he wears ugly suits with tennis shoes, and gaudy necklaces.

Come on, man. The one thing you can't knock Pettis for his his fly-tastic fashion sense. A guy has to be pretty badass to rock the hair in curlers look. And Showtime pulls it off!

bruno-mars-320x240.jpg

Why do people continue to act like Pettis has any hands

Wonderboy is better, and I bet he only gets his haircut once every two weeks like a normal guy.

Back