Is Wonderboy the greatest striker we've ever seen in MMA?

Fiestar

Sean McCorkle
@purple
Reaction score
And is Wonder vs Anderson Silva GOAT matchup?

Lol.... Anderson is the greatest striker in MMA history and it's not even close.

He's excellent but I think part of what were seeing is that for years WW lagged behind many other divisions when it came to striking because it was so wrestler focused due to little investment in it from Japanese MMA.

No. Conor is.

Not even close. Maybe at some point, MAYBE.

In terms of accomplishments by a striker who's now in MMA - Overeem and Spong. And relative to his/her own competition - Holly Holm, in terms of both accomplishments and technique.

Inside the Octagon and during actual MMA fights - Anderson Silva and several others. I'm not a fan of Conor, but even Conor has a better claim inside the Octagon. Wonderboy has spectacular offense but he got dropped by both Matt Brown and Jake Ellenberger - who, at the time, were a non-top 10 fighter and the #9 fighter, respectively.

He could be. MMA striking is still in its infancy. People have to realize that MMA fighter are getting much better each year. The best MMA fighters of all time are fighting right now. Eventually that will level out like all other sports but as of right now, if he is the best current striker, there is a chance he is the best ever. Great time to be an MMA fan.

Wonderboy is 3x as fast as connor and he's 2x as strong.

Connor will soon be wearing Wonderboy shirts and bragging about it.

No, the problem was Hendricks. He had no answer for Wboy's style. But there are plenty of other fighters who have and do. I'm still in wait and see mode on the true level of his striking skill. If the phrase "bad match-up" has ever had any real meaning then it does here.

He's adapted his striking skills very well to MMA. Who's the best is subjective.

No.

FamiliarGlamorousFulmar-size_restricted.gif

Wasteland this garbage. Why is there rampant hyperbole on this forum over the past few months? It's almost unbearable.

It's sad shit like this even gets asked. Are you kidding me?

Wasteland this garbage. Why is there rampant hyperbole on this forum over the past few months? It's almost unbearable.
It's the fad. Guy wins decently, declared goat by fanboys of sherdog. Sunrise, Sunset.

Back