Is Winning's "artificial leather" proprietary (if not what is the material)?

RoyaleWithCheez

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
When I asked Winning why they used artificial leather instead of real leather they told me that the artificial leather they use is more durable than real leather and that real leather scraps are part of the stuffing of their heavy bags.
When I asked what material their artificial leather was, the language barrier kicked in and couldn't get an answer.
Does anyone know what this material is?

Honestly, I will be surprised if someone will know the answer to that. Johny from expert boxing says it is Lorica leather, but I'm almost sure it is not, having experience with both. What I can vouch for is the durability of winning synthetic. I have it on the FG-2900 headgear and it is indestructible if used properly. I have years of experience with football (soccer as some call it) shoes, and japaneese synthetic materials are definitely more durable than real leather - for example Teijin material that was used on Nike Mercurial Vapor back in the days. Wining knows what they are doing, that I am sure of. Their leather and non-leather gear are exactly what they should be, I trust them on it.

Back