Is Wilder vs Fury a bigger fight than Wlad vs Fury?

Also wilder Ortiz was epic I can just imagine now fury with uk fans up and wilder needing a ko with 4 rounds to go that’s excitement we need fury can either become huge or be the guy who makes wilder a legit star. Also I think showtimes effort with wilder and making it ppv shows wilder can be top guy. My mma friends know wilder Joshua canelo ggg Crawford and pac man. But I don’t think anybody in boxing can touch Mcgregor khabib. And jones and Cormier Brock will out sell fury so ufc and boxing in good places. I would say make it on cbs instead of ppv and wilder fury become way bigger.

definitely more exciting and interesting, i think fury pulls of another win and looks good in the process. if someone is asking worldwide, how would any of us really know, most of us are pretty much in one place on earth and pretty out of touch with the rest of the world, but in america? it's way bigger, probably in the uk too.

Yeah it depends what part of the world you live, no doubt. Wilder is a bigger fight in Britain because fury was still a joke figure to most back then, and no one really cared. People like and respect him now. He now has fans

good point but i think they will care more than they did for the wlad/fury fight.
I think interest might be more in Fury's comeback, will it be a feel good story of triumph? That's what everyone wants. Wilder just happens to be there by dumb luck.

For me I say yes, probably depends on which angle you look at it.

From a Wilder point of view this is bigger, first championship calibre test for Deontay against an unbeaten ex champ.

From Fury's pov probably not, but it is as big a deal for his resurgent career, it will be a massive comeback after a two fight return.

.............. this also sets up the next contender for the Joshua mega fight.

So on one hand no, but for me personally this is bigger and more exciting for me.

No, Wlad is a more popular HW than both, especially in Europe.

Well if you're looking at ticket sales then it's not even close. Who knows how it will do PPV buys wise.

By “bigger” obviously the OP is referring to popularity.

The FACT of the matter is, Wilder is fighting for Lineal PRESTIGE. AJ’s popularity is primarily based on beating Wlad whose LOSS came from the Gypsie King.

Since casuals don’t seem to grasp that, real pugilists know that shall Wilder win, he’s basically bringing back the Lineal to American soil.

The focus is an American Champion fighting for the Lineal with an undefeated former and current Lineal Champion.

Yeah, but you actually made the point that this probably does NOT has the same world-wide "popularity". For us Americans we both already know who Deontay is, we have a particular desire to always beat Brits when we can, and has the implication about lineal title that you mention. So for Americans this is a big, interesting fight.

But Vlad was probably more well-known world-wide.

Hard to say. I think Fury/Wlad kind of flew under the radar a bit heading into it because nobody gave Fury much of a chance. This fight is getting much more of a build up and has captured American attention a lot more, but then again neither guy is as anywhere near as big a star as Wlad was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back