Is Whittaker's chin cracked??

Maybe. But Gastelum's chin is also bound to crack soon, dude relies on his chin too much and he talks like Tito so I wouldn't be surprised to see Whittaker drop Gastelum.

Other than Yoel, Gastelum is probably Whitaker’s hardest matchup stylistically.

Still think Whittaker will win as he is the best MW right now

Chin is a degradable commodity. Fighters with previously solid chins get smoked and after that they are more and more susceptible. Now how much of this is repeated damaged (yes even getting rocked and recovering often means a minor concussion) and how much of it comes down to age?
Liddell was never the same after that rampage fight, but then I thought Cormier was going to be cracked after that brutal ko by JJ and while he hasn't really gotten super cracked by an opponent his chin has seemed just fine in his last 2 fights.
Whittaker gets the benifit of the doubt imo.

Yoel hits like a truck

Gastelum has knowhere near his power

Yes

His chin is cracked and he likely goes to sleep against Gastelum. That second Romero fight did something to him, I fear.

Sure Kelvin hits hard. But his recent (T)KO wins were over Bisping and Belfort.

Bisping came back way too soon after getting finished by GSP and Belfort has been finished by KO or TKO in 5 of his last 7.

As seen by the two Romero fights Whittaker's chin is still fine. Those shots would have nearly the whole roster out. Having said that... Whittaker needs to stop getting hit like that, it can't be good for him.

I really like Whitaker....BUT...something about the damage he takes that freaks me out a bit...Even though he won , that fight with Yoel was a mutherfucker for Whitaker...

He relies a lot on his toughness , his heart, and that chin..
That plan does not lend itself to longevity...

Not diminishing his striking, but in the immortal words of WHATS HIS NAME....
HEAD MOVEMENT...HEAD MOVEMENT..

186 followed by 185.2 is not even bothering to make weight?
I don’t care for Yoel but I will completely back up the idea that the man wanted to make thatvweight more than anything else in the world. The dude you quoted is dumb.

Yes, Gastelum will be KOd before he gets the chance to crack Whittaker's chin.
i guess, but he's never been TKO/KO'd before.

If there's anyone that can, it's whittaker though. But at this point with both their chins, i'd definitely favor kelvin.

People are replying to this thread as if TS asked if Romero dropping Whitaker several times is evidence that his chin is cracked. "Yoel hits like a truck, so i think his chin is solid."

The question was will Whittaker's chin / ability to absorb damage suffer in the future as a result of the second Romero fight

The damage is cumulative, so his chin is only going to get weaker.

It might be but ill wait and see. Also i wonder if Romero is going to suffer from the same. Dude had his orbital bone mangled and its kept him out of one fight alresdy. Face is definitely cracked will be interesting to see if he is able to absorb as much punishment. Or if he wants to. Alot of his last fights he has relied on his ability to eat shots.

I love Whittaker but he needs some SERIOUS time off. Romero took years off his life and his fighting career no doubt about it. If bobby comes back looking strong I'd say he'd whoop Kelvin all day, but right now i think he's ripe for the pickin

Time will tell. I like that he is taking all the time he needs to get healthy and to recover after that war with yoel

Back