Is "what holes do you see in his game" the most annoying and stupid question mma media asks?

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Or "how do you beat fighter xxxx"

Seriously, why do they still do this? This question gets asked 10 times fight week. The guy is about to face his oppoenet in a matter of days.

Do they expect the interviewee to actually truly answer that question?

Its a waste of everybodys time.

99.99999999% of the time you will get some bullshit answer that dances around the question anyway.

The fighters are annoyed by it because its clearly a question they dont want to answer and are put in a situation where they have to do mental gymnastics to dodge the question.

For fucks sake media, STOP. Just stop.

Yes, im triggered. Ive had enough of it and had to get it off my chest.

Love
V
go5nnW2.jpg

Last edited:
"Best training camp of my life"

"I beat that guy 9 times out of 10"

"He's never faced a fighter like me"

Watch an interview with any athlete. The vast majority of it is cliches and bullshit.

I like the 'What plans have you made for this fight?'

That one gets me.

"The drug tests came back positive. Do you know where the Turinabol came from?"

It would be funny if some athletes just started answering cliched questions hyper-truthfully.

"How do you see this fighting going down?"

"Well, realistically I'll want to take him down and submit him since my submission game is beyond his, however given his defensive grappling and striking advantage the most likely outcome is a KO against me or a straightforward decision against me. Next question?"

It would be funny if some athletes just started answering cliched questions hyper-truthfully.

"Well, realistically I'll want to take him down and submit him since my submission game is beyond his, however given his defensive grappling and striking advantage the most likely outcome is a KO against me or a straightforward decision against me. Next question?"
<30>

How's the weight cut going?

Always answered with, "best cut of my life, I feel great"

It's not all the media's fault
The fighters created that question by having "I see a few holes in his game" as one of their cookie cutter answers to questions

Both side gotta do better

haha...it is indeed one of the MMA equivalents of all those stupid questions that athletes are asked in other sports.

'hey, let us know what holes you have identified, so that your opponent and his coaching staff can close them before you guys fight'.

so stupid - lol

When they ask "Fighter X says his going to knock you out, what do you think of that?" What do they expect?! I want one day a fighter to say "Yeah I have to agree with my opponent, I dont know why I'm here...."

Another favourite of mine is the "Jaded Veteran Promo."

Somebody like Robbie Lawlor or Donald Cerrone starting off into space and basically saying "I'm just here for the pay check" while explosions and heavy metal riffs play in the CGI background.

In defense of the fighters and interviewers, there are only so many questions one could ask.

I would actually love to see them answer it in a serious tone, but completely trolling, saying the most stupid shit ever and waiting to see the reaction of the reporter. That would be nice. Sort of like the mayhem miller approach.

oh brother, you should see the tennis interviews.
literally the same shit over and over again

LOL, that would be fun. And stuff like:

"I actually hurt my left ribs in sparring last week, so it's really tender. My opponent is top 5 and I'm not even ranked so he's going to notice me trying to protect it during the fight and exploit it, which is going to be a serious problem for me, especially when he takes me down since he is a far superior wrestler. My only chance really is to land an early KO punch. I probably only have about 1 in 5 chance so Vegas oddsmakers got it right."

I would actually love to see them answer it in a serious tone, but completely trolling, saying the most stupid shit ever and waiting to see the reaction of the reporter. That would be nice.

Something like
"I could knock him out in the 1st but I'm gonna wrestle him for 5 rounds because I love the feel of a mans body."

Back