Is Weidman-Silva 2 the worst anyone has ever been hurt in the Octagon?

probably any acl tear is just as bad if not worse, example condit

Terry Etim stiffened up like a tree when Barboza KO'd him.

Machida also had his eyes rolled back and shook a little after Jones dropped him.

corey.gif

Yeh. Broken bones look bad, but aren't as serious comparatively.

Well, normally. Something like what Anderson or Corey Hill went through can potentially cause nerve damage, which you might never recover from. But yea, barring complications I'd rather break my leg (and get prompt injections of strong painkillers) than tear my knee up.

One of Dana Whites backstage videos showed AS screaming in pain backstage as loud as he could

I don't know whether a broken leg is the worst injury, I mean he's back fighting again in just over a year. Maybe as someone said the Igor Zinovev (sp?) injury against Frank Shamrock cause it ended his career.

Barboza kicked Mike Lullo so hard, he couldn't walk or train for four months, Four Months! That is comparable IMO.

One of Dana Whites backstage videos showed AS screaming in pain backstage as loud as he could

Because jagged bone tearing your calf up hurts like fucking mad. But the recovery period is potentially less than an ACL tear, and barring complications the prognosis is better too.

My list in no particular order.

Cal Worsham almost having his broken ribs pierce his lungs/heart against Zane Frazier,

Frank Shamrock ending Igor Zinoviev's collar bone and career.

Sylvia/Mir Arm break.

Silva/Wiedman and Corey Hill leg breaks.

An extremely anti-climactic injury, but Matt Mitrione's eye poke to Scott Junk did a lot of damage to his vision and nearly ended his career. It was on season 10 of The Ultimate Fighter. Luckily, he was able to bounce back later on, albeit in mediocre fashion.

Yeh. Broken bones look bad, but aren't as serious comparatively.

It depends on the bone of course. The Silva/Corey Hill leg breaks are much more gruesome than they are damaging, although there are certainly better things to break and recover from than a leg...however if you fracture your knee (for ex. a tibial plateau fracture) it is much worse than tearing the ligaments, and is often impossible to return to 100% from

Tra Telligman got headkicked in to retirement (and death rumor had it for a while) by Big Timmeh.

It's definitely the most butthurt sherdog has been because of the octagon...

Anything that could make not just a grown ass man, but one of the baddest men on the planet, scream like that is pretty bad.

Back