Is Weidman fully recovered from his knee injury?

TheBossKos

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I remember a lot of people including other fighters that didn't believe Weidman had enough time to recover from his type of knee injury to face Machida on July 5th. We're now less than a month away, and I was wondering if there has been any news on this yet, I would hope that he's already back in the gym training at full speed, because if he isn't yet, then he may be in some trouble, or maybe the whole event could be in jeopardy because I think Weidman pulls out if he isn't fully recovered in time to have a full training camp.

Can you ever really, truly recover from a knee injury?

(machida fan)

I got worried when I saw him barely walking 1-2 months ago lol.

He claimed he was jogging 2-3 days after,obviously he wont come out and say I wont be able to train but ill fight anyways.

Honestly I hope he is fit as otherwise you go from

Weidman vs Machida
rousey vs davis
sonnen vs Belfort

and you go to

rousey vs davis

as lets be honest sonnen vs belfort aint going to happen

I think Chris is a smart fighter and knows which way to dictate his career. If he wasn't 100% certain he would be able to fight well, he wouldnt take the fight.

Does it matter? According to Weidman's delusional fanboys on Sherdog, he could beat Machida in his sleep. All I have to say is there is going to be a ton of head-scratching on here after Machida dispatches Weidman. Those who ascribed god-like status to Weidman after 11 pro fights are going to be wondering what THE HELL THEY WERE SMOKING.

IMHO, of course :icon_chee

Does it matter? According to Weidman's delusional fanboys on Sherdog, he could beat Machida in his sleep. All I have to say is there is going to be a ton of head-scratching on here after Machida dispatches Weidman. Those who ascribed god-like status to Weidman after 11 pro fights are going to be wondering what THE HELL THEY WERE SMOKING.

No they won't. They will quietly back away from the Weidman wagon and move on to the next big thing.

Happens all the time. Gonzaga, ( I remember everyone on here claiming GG was unbeatable after he KO'd CC ) Brock, Overeem just to name a few.

It was just scraping, meniscus on both knees, he should be fine.

He'll be fine. The fight was already pushed back to give him enough time.

No excuses for when he loses.

I really like Weidman, and I think he has a chance to be an elite MW for a long time.

But this is a stylistic nightmare for him. Machida has shredded a who's who of wrestler/boxer's and has looked really, really good at MW.

Machida is at +190 right now and is my biggest MMA bet of the year by far. For anyone who wagers on MMA, this is the kind of line that doesn't come along very often. A fight that is really a pick 'em, and the books are giving you one guy at almost 2-1.

I really like Weidman, and I think he has a chance to be an elite MW for a long time.

But this is a stylistic nightmare for him. Machida has shredded a who's who of wrestler/boxer's and has looked really, really good at MW.

Machida is at +190 right now and is my biggest MMA bet of the year by far. For anyone who wagers on MMA, this is the kind of line that doesn't come along very often. A fight that is really a pick 'em, and the books are giving you one guy at almost 2-1.

Yep. I see Weidman trying to be patient, but because he is aggressive by nature, he gets sloppy with a TD attempt by the 3rd round, and Machida does him like he did Bader. Caught coming in for the (t)KO.

A-Level athletes are not subject to our limitations.

A level athlete who uses bigger real men to run away fast from people in a space suit. Your a fucking idiot. Let me guess your one of those people who say NBA & Football players would be fighting if it paid more. There are 60 billion people on earth where are these other A level athletes who didn't make the roster of a few hundred people?

Back