Is Weidman even popular? It seems the UFC doesn't trust to hold a PPV alone.

The hatred of jones started well before the hit n run.

The bias against black fighters goes back into over a century. Successful Black fighters always hated then respected in hindsight.

Ali, Tyson, rampage, Evans are 2 prime examples in boxing and MMA. Mcgregor's popularity is also proof too.

Denial and play the "race-card card" is also silly.
I never denied racism in boxing, the racism against black boxers came from a time when racism was much more prominent.
McGregor's popularity is not because he's white. Rampage was well-respected, especially during the PRIDE days. A lot of people didn't like Evans because of how cocky he was, same with Jones. I don't believe McGregor falls into that category of idolized cocky fighters, as there are just as many people that want to see him lose as want to see him succeed.

The Jon Jones race card thing is silly. It was just quite clear to many that the man is a self absorbed egomaniac.

Yet you're a mcgregor fan who is much more self absorbed and cocky. This is why some MMA fans see a racial bias.

"I hate cocky fighters except mcgregor."

Funny how you don't like fighters for being cocky but you like most cocky UFC fighter of the times and excuse it.

I just said, unless they are genuinely charismatic. Ali was charismatic, Conor is as well. Mayweather is a charmless prick. I don't care for people just being obnoxious. There has to be some comedic value to it. If there isn't I find it far more boring than Weidman, who comes across as quite intelligent when interviewed, which makes him more interesting to me than a lot of loudmouths.

I like mcgregor but I can't stand his hypocritical fandom.

Imagine if jones snatched rua's belt at a media event. I bet you or sherdog would call that "genuine".

Jones can't get away with that because Jones is just generally unlikeable.

He will eventually become a bigger star if he keeps winning. But it would help a lot if he would start being more active.

I know he said that before the accident, but the fact is, Jones is/was very popular, in spite of Rogan saying he was being held back because of race.
I was refuting the point about white fighters getting different treatment to more explosive fighters. Shoulda separated my words with a paragraph, so that it's more clear.

No. Jones was very hated and people paid to see him get beat. But he was not the PPV drawer that GSP was.

Why is that?

Yet you're a mcgregor fan who is much more self absorbed and cocky. This is why some MMA fans see a racial bias.

I don't think he comes across as being more self absorbed than Jones at all. And Jones isn't just cocky, he comes across as bordering on being a narcissistic sociopath. There's plenty of cocky black fighters that people do like, with Ali being the most obvious example. Jones just doesn't have that sort of charm and his dark side seems to be particularly ugly.

No. Jones was very hated and people paid to see him get beat. But he was not the PPV drawer that GSP was.

Why is that?

Because people liked and cared about GSP more. Why? Because he's a more likeable guy.

I never denied racism in boxing, the racism against black boxers came from a time when racism was much more prominent.
McGregor's popularity is not because he's white. Rampage was well-respected, especially during the PRIDE days. A lot of people didn't like Evans because of how cocky he was, same with Jones. I don't believe McGregor falls into that category of idolized cocky fighters, as there are just as many people that want to see him lose as want to see him succeed.

Mcgregor is idolized for being cocky.

Jones was criticized for not signing fake belts. Mcgregor snatches the belt from Aldo and is applauded.

I like both jones and mcgregor but it's clear there's a bias against certain cocky fighters

Silva was amongst the ranks of Liddell and gsp in popularity back then. He probably wasn't as popular as gsp or prime Liddell but he was pulling more numbers than others.

Silva didn't do huge numbers until Chael dragged his name through every arena of America media. It was Chael who was a regular on ESPN. It was Chael who was on all the different radio shows and pod casts. It was Chael who sold the shit out his fights with Anderson and made Anderson a big draw.

Before Chael AS was a decent draw. After he was a big deal. Hespect the Chael effect.

I don't think he comes across as being more self absorbed than Jones at all. And Jones isn't just cocky, he comes across as bordering on being a narcissistic sociopath. There's plenty of cocky black fighters that people do like, with Ali being the most obvious example. Jones just doesn't have that sort of charm and his dark side seems to be particularly ugly.

May you quote what Jones has said in the past that made him look like a narcisstic sociopath?

Why is that?
Jones was very arrogant, GSP was a gentleman with a shit-ton of Canadian and American fans. We can't just point to racism.

Because people liked and cared about GSP more. Why? Because he's a more likeable guy.

Because he was Caucasian. It is a reality that people will like more those that is of their own kind.

Plus he was getting may females to tune in and watch him fight for obvious reasons.

Jones was criticized for not signing fake belts. Mcgregor snatches the belt from Aldo and is applauded.

I like both jones and mcgregor but it's clear there's a bias against certain cocky fighters

Conor doesn't release videos online gloating about sticking his fingers in people's eyes. Conor seems like a decent human underneath the theatrics. Jones seems like the type of guy to get wasted and run down pregnant women and then run away from the scene.

I just said, unless they are genuinely charismatic. Ali was charismatic, Conor is as well. Mayweather is a charmless prick. I don't care for people just being obnoxious. There has to be some comedic value to it. If there isn't I find it far more boring than Weidman, who comes across as quite intelligent when interviewed, which makes him more interesting to me than a lot of loudmouths.

Jones can't get away with that because Jones is just generally unlikeable.

Most fighters aren't that funny. I don't expect them to be. That's a poor excuse.

So blatant hypocrisy is fine then.

McGregor is the sole pride of a small nation that want to see one of their own succeed. Without his Irish support and charm, he would not be as popular. It also helps that he backs up exactly what he says. He is more of a joker than an actual ego-maniac.
In addition, he also seems like a very nice human being outside of the theatrics.

Conor doesn't release videos online gloating about sticking his fingers in people's eyes. Conor seems like a decent human underneath the theatrics. Jones seems like the type of guy to get wasted and run down pregnant women and then run away from the scene.

Way not address the specific points.

Conor gloats and mocks in TV interviews, I don't see how that's better.

So it's okay for mcgregor to be fake? That's new I thought being fake was what was wrong with jones.

Are you retarded?

Jones was obviously mocking those that were heavily criticizing him about poking people in the eye.

The truth is people are going to say what they are going to say especially if they don't like you so the best thing to do in many cases is to simply mock them.

Because he was Caucasian. It is a reality that people will like more those that is of their own kind.

Plus he was getting may females to tune in and watch him fight for obvious reasons.

So racist America would never love and cherish Michael Jordan or Lebron because they are black? Muhammad Ali might be a household name if he was white? Tiger Woods never was loved because he was black?

GTFO with your racist bullshit. America loves great sportsmen regardless of color.

Jones acted like a child and people didn't like him for it. His skin tone didn't factor into his PPV rate.

Are you retarded?

Jones was obviously mocking those that were heavily criticizing him about poking people in the eye.

The truth is people are going to say what they are going to say so the best thing to do in many cases is to simply mock them.

That is gloating about putting his fingers in his opponent's eyes. Are you retarded?:eek:

May you quote what Jones has said in the past that made him look like a narcisstic sociopath?

[YT]watch?v=eCs6RV3hkhg[/YT]

There is just a lack of empathy emanating from the man. Whereas Conor comes across as very personable when he's not promoting a fight with his opponent. He's clearly much more of a people person.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back