Is/Was Pro Wrestling popular where you live ?

MMAFAN2

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Pro Wrestling may have taken a little hit since the pandemic,so i’m asking in general:Is/was wwe or pro wrestling in general ever popular in your country? or in your state if you live in america?

i’m interested to know especially for people who live in europe and asia,how popular was it especially in its peak
Edit:Guys.the question isn’t just for now during current time,i’m asking historically,was your city/state/country a big market for pro wrestling now or in the past?

Last edited:
I probably should have posted this on mayberry lol

Not from Europe or Asia, but it's pretty popular up here in Canada. Even my small town runs little indy shows at the local arenas all the time, and we've got at least two wrestling schools just in my town. You'll be shopping around, and just randomly spot guys like Brutus Beefcake or The Iron Shiek just grabbing a sandwich somewhere, or whatever. It's a little bizarre, actually.

I won't speak for the whole u.s.a, but rather my city. I occasionally see people wearing wrestling shirts. It's usually a decent mix of old school, current and new Japan/aew.

True story, was at the shopping mall wearing my n.w.o shirt and some guy came up to me and complimented my shirt. He then started going on about some new Japan show that had just happened. I had to inform him I don't want watch new Japan and he seemed shocked. I also had to tell him I don't watch Indy. He probably thought I was a casual. That's fine. While he stayed up having a watch party with meltzer watching njpw I was up late with the wife....watching will and grace.

I won't speak for the whole u.s.a, but rather my city. I occasionally see people wearing wrestling shirts. It's usually a decent mix of old school, current and new Japan/aew.

True story, was at the shopping mall wearing my n.w.o shirt and some guy came up to me and complimented my shirt. He then started going on about some new Japan show that had just happened. I had to inform him I don't want watch new Japan and he seemed shocked. I also had to tell him I don't watch Indy. He probably thought I was a casual. That's fine. While he stayed up having a watch party with meltzer watching njpw I was up late with the wife....watching will and grace.
Lol
I saw someone recently who wore a wrestlemania shirt a month ago while shopping but i didn’t bother him
What is your city btw?

I don’t like this thread
<{1-8}>
contemplating the salt

I come from hillbilly central part of U-S-of-A and it's not near as popular as a lot of people not from here would think.

It's niche at most, some hard core fans, some like me that mostly just enjoy the thoughtless entertainment factor and fond nostalgia, but the majority "hate that fake shit."

Yeah bunch of kids round my area used to get crisp(chip)boxes from the shop and put people's heads in them, and then legdrop the head in said boxes.. was great , pretty sure we had s 24/7 belt thing going on too .

No. When i was a kid living in NV during the Monday Night Wars it was popular as fuck. Everywhere you went you'd see Austin 316 and nwo shirts.

I was wearing my Wardlow shirt yesterday though and it is a panty dropper.

Cleveland is WWF/E territory. Golden age and attitude era it was popping.

IWWE still frequently does TV and PPV at the arena in downtown, so the market must still be stronger here than most

Cleveland is WWF/E territory. Golden age and attitude era it was popping.

IWWE still frequently does TV and PPV at the arena in downtown, so the market must still be stronger here than most
Ohio in general has a big fan base there
I remember people were chanting stipe when brock lesnar in the ring in a raw 2018 in Cleveland

No, nobody cares anymore after 12 years of pg

I currently live in Phoenix, AZ and it seems like a pretty decent hub for wrestling. There's a few local indy's including a couple that fill some of the music venues here with a couple hundred fans regularly and Championship Wrestling From Arizona (same crew and ownership as Championship Wrestling From Hollywood). There's a couple wrestling schools. WWE runs RAW, Smackdown, house shows, and PPV's here numerous times a year. Held the Rumble here and filled a baseball field with 48,000+ last year. Even TNA ventured out of the Impact Zone and held Bound For Glory and their Hall of Fame ceremony here a few years ago.

I grew up in Vegas and in the late 80's/early 90's WWF ran a ton of shows at the Thomas & Mack Center every year. Felt like they were there every 2 or 3 months. Then around the mid 90's they quit coming to Vegas alot and it became a once a year thing. Now days Vegas is popping for indy wrestling, ROH comes there a couple times a year and there's a few local promotions. I usually drive out there and catch ROH shows.

Honestly, people know what pro wrestling is here in brazil, but the number of people who actually watch it doesn't seem to be very big, i know 1 guy only who watches the wwe

It's not near as popular as the Mid-South days and days when the territories were booming. When WWE comes to town it's huge but a much younger crowd so that is where the popularity lies in the south.

I dont know a single person that watches, including myself.

It's not near as popular as the Mid-South days and days when the territories were booming. When WWE comes to town it's huge but a much younger crowd so that is where the popularity lies in the south.
New orleans is the perfect place to host wrestlemania.mania 30 and 34 were crazy good.Also i remember seeing a lot of cool videos of celebrtation in the town during all wrestlemania week.it was like the halloween for wrestling

Back