Is volk currently the worst champ?

He's the worst treated by the fans because he beat an MMA darling in Max Holloway....TWICE.

In terms of skill he's one of the most well rounded and one of the most adaptable fighters in all of MMA. Very smart fighter.

Agreed. I wouldn't call myself a fan of his, but I absolutely respect the man's skill. I find that a lot of his work actually comes across better on rewatchings/breakdowns/etc.

One video I'm particularly fond of:

Some of the commenters make a good point about the double standards from the MMA fanbase. Kattar and Ortega get all the love simply for "being warriors" (i.e. punching bags) for Max. Meanwhile Volk who outclassed Max the first time and fought an extremely close fight in the rematch (regardless of how you score it) gets shit on endlessly, all of his skills and talent trivialized.

I like Volk. He's like Cejudo before he became insufferable.

He's a deserving champ for now, he just doesn't do much for me on the entertainment front.

@Joseph_McBride sorry if my initial reply sounded dickish, but wouldn't you agree that even the older 135er version of Aldo Yan ultimately beat the brakes off is a much better fighter than anyone Blachowicz has fought so far?
And wouldn't you say that old Faber, Rivera and Dodson are still better good/decent wins, compared to Blachowicz good/decent wins?

Think its clear you're a Alex hater and that's why you think he isn't as good as he actually is

You're not even making any arguments at all, they're just based on you thinking he is boring

He's the worst treated by the fans because he beat an MMA darling in Max Holloway....TWICE.

In terms of skill he's one of the most well rounded and one of the most adaptable fighters in all of MMA. Very smart fighter.
Also its the way he has fought Holloway in those fights
Measured, well calculated instead of just swinging for the fences and taking unnecessary risks that fans like

Khabib and Usman have way worse personalities and more boring styles.

I mean, Khabib posts Quoran quotes justifying cutting that French teacher's head off, and Usman is faker than Colby.
whats with all these ball-less alt accounts that have popped up everywhere?

Probably the most forgettable of the current champs lineup, great fighter, boring personality, lost the rematch imo.

I like Volk but that don't mean I see him as any long time champ, just don't see him holding on to that belt through this year..?

Other than my gut I think he's a fine bloak.

It's funny I thought Kattar was a title defense for like 2 or 3 days and then I remembered Volkanovski...

Max won the 2nd fight. Volkanovski's champion status is very much in dispute.

Back