Is Vitor Belfort still into Karate or was just a trend from Machida Era?

Charlitos1988

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Remeber when Vitor was training in karate?

Is he still training karate?

Rogan said he's throwing more kicks because of a series of hand injuries. I would expect that to continue cause he probably still doesn't like breaking his hands.

He trained karate before the Machida era.

If you can't see the heavy karate influence in his style there's no hope for you. And no I'm not talking about kicks. Very little of karate involves kicks.

Tae kwon do isn't karate

I took lessons from "Black Tiger Karate" in the 1980s and they taught Karate, Tae Kwon Do, and Judo. That being said you are right but a kick is a kick, Tae Kwon Do and Karate share some of the same techniques.

Tae kwon do isn't karate

Did I fucking say it was, bitch?
TKD is all kicks, Vitor has pretty much been throwing all kicks. That's why he said that. I didn't say it.
Karate however, is also highly kick oriented, so I'm semi-rationalizing that statement with his cross training in another martial art.
Don't be a dick next time.

Did I fucking say it was, bitch?
TKD is all kicks, Vitor has pretty much been throwing all kicks. That's why he said that. I didn't say it.
Karate however, is also highly kick oriented, so I'm semi-rationalizing that statement with his cross training in another martial art.
Don't be a dick next time.

Simmer down, Brah!

Btw, TKD isn't "all kicks". Technically, it's 70/30.

If you can't see the heavy karate influence in his style there's no hope for you. And no I'm not talking about kicks. Very little of karate involves kicks.

Heavy influence? Most of the fights i've seen involve him bum rushing someone with boxing style punches and beating them senseless followed by ground and pound or a choke. I don't see the heavy karate. Now GSP yes i could clearly see his background in it.

Joe Rogan said Joe Silva put it best. "It's like Vitor downloaded a tae kwon doe black belt."
I love Joe Silva's one liners. My favorite was for a fight a while back, Jason Black vs Thiago Tavares iirc, where Black had a bad weight cut. According to Rogan Silva said he looked like "Abraham Lincoln with rabies".
So then karate kid tell us what karate techniques and tendencies you see in Vitor? Genuine question here cause I don't jack shit about karate.

I love Joe Silva's one liners. My favorite was for a fight a while back, Jason Black vs Thiago Tavares iirc, where Black had a bad weight cut. According to Rogan Silva said he looked like "Abraham Lincoln with rabies".

So then karate kid tell us what karate techniques and tendencies you see in Vitor? Genuine question here cause I don't jack shit about karate.

His straight blast is karate.

nah he's training tapout now and after that he'll probably go back and try to earn his affliction black belt.

Back