Is Vince Carter a first ballot HOFer?

Is Vince Carter a first ballot HOFer?

• Total voters
He will and should get in. But he is a lower level hall of famer. He is like Mike Mussina in baseball

McGrady is in right?
He literally never led a team past the first round, carter at least did that in Toronto in 01 haha

McGrady is in right?
He literally never led a team past the first round, carter at least did that in Toronto in 01 haha

The highlight of McGrady's career was him telling a reporter that it felt great to be into the second round while they were up 3 games to 0 to the Pistons. Who then won the next four.

Last edited:
His HOF candidacy. I said he should be in the HOF. Just not first ballot. Playing forever makes compiling stats easier to do and he's played almost 3 people's careers.
If playing forever to accumulate stats was easy. Everyone should do it. Vince changed his game and was able to accept different roles. Most aren't. The fact that he's good enough to make an NBA roster in his 40s bonkers. He can still dunk better than 2/3 of the league.

Basketball HOF isn't exactly a high bar, so I'd say yeah pretty likely. If this was the NFL or MLB, no way is he is 1st ballot.

He's a compiler, but I need my man Manu in too, so VC definitely gotta get in

As mentioned, the fact that it's the Naismith Hall of Fame and not the NBA HOF makes it even more likely that he will be first ballot. Between his cultural impact, his play during his prime, overall longevity in addition to his international appearances, I believe he is a first ballot Hall of Famer.

If you compare him with TMac whose personal and basketball life intertwines with VC's, there's a lot of similarity and he was a first ballot HOFer. While Mcgrady may have been considered the better player, you can make argument that VC's accomplishments are on par.

All Star Teams: VC 8 vs TMac 7
All NBA Teams: VC 2 vs TMac 7 including 2 All NBA First Teams (this is clearly where TMac has the advantage)
Years in the NBA: VC 22 vs TMac 16
National Team: VC 1 Olympic Gold Medal + 1 FIBA Americas Championship vs TMAC 1 FIBA Americas Championship
Other Individual Accolades
VC: College All American, 2x All ACC Team, and NBA Rookie of the Year
TMac: 2x NBA Scoring Champion, NBA Most Improved Player

Long story short, I have no problem with VC being on the first ballot especially if TMac made it on his first try.

I've followed him his whole career (born in '80) and i would say YES, but just barely. He was never the best player on a squad that was worth a damn. And he was the second best player on the NJ Nets teams that were Semi's and out in the mid 00s. Very good Regular season player but mediocre playoff performer.

When fucking Dikembe Mutombo, Arvydas Sabonis, Yao Ming are first ballot HOFers, then Carter should be a lock.

Still don't get why Chris Webber isn't in, when he's more accomplished than all of the guys I mentioned.
Webber isn't in? What a sham

When fucking Dikembe Mutombo, Arvydas Sabonis, Yao Ming are first ballot HOFers, then Carter should be a lock.

Still don't get why Chris Webber isn't in, when he's more accomplished than all of the guys I mentioned.

Preach on Brother Manhunter.

Why isn't Chris Webber in the HOF anyway?...

Back