Is Vick the LW Stefan Struve?

Fatback96

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Tall for the division, lanky, and awkward.
Plus he loses the "big" fights and in spectacular fashion.
giphy.gif

Stefan%252520Struve%252520vs%252520Travis%252520Browne%252520Knockout_thumb%25255B44%25255D.gif

Always seems to hang out between 10-15 in the rankings of his division.
Vick=Struve

In another thread, someone called those knockouts "getting giraffed"

Made me lol

giphy.gif

Put your hands up in the air, put your hands up in the air...

I think Vick has better fight iq plus better use of his range, we all have bad nights. In fairness to Vick he has never missed weight

I love to see both of them getting KTFOd.

Although Struve seems to be a really nice dude.

He was actually using his range well until he got up against the cage.... then it all went downhill for Vick quite quickly

Vick doesn't abandon his reach advantage and in fight against opponents who are significantly shorter than him. So no, he isn't a lw struve

giphy.gif

Stefan%252520Struve%252520vs%252520Travis%252520Browne%252520Knockout_thumb%25255B44%25255D.gif

Always seems to hang out between 10-15 in the rankings of his division.
Vick=Struve
Should have used the Hunt-Struve gif, looks more similar

He has a slightly better jab than Struve, but many of the same defensive deficiencies. Easily goaded into a brawl and likes going for flying knees, the absolute last move a tall, rangy fighter should be using.

A lot of tall guys develop a bad habit of keeping their chin high and trying to stay out of range of their opponents' shots and it usually works, but it leaves them susceptible to fighters who know how to close distance and throw over hands.

No!
Vick is better than Struve.
Too bad that he doesn't know how to tuck his chin.
Fundamentals for UFC top 15!

Certainly looked like it tonight. I thought the same thing as soon as it happened.

LW Stefan Struve minus the submission game.

Vick has 3 submission wins in the UFC. His submission game is very legit. Trains under Lloyd Irvin who is a piece of shit but one hell of a grappler.

Back