Media Is Vergil Ortiz the hardest puncher at 147 pounds?

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Not even Danny Garcia who I considered the hardest puncher at 40-47 at the time could knock out Maurcio Herrera. Some people are hating and saying that Herrera was long in the tooth and damaged goods and compare this KO to when Canelo knocked out and older washed up Baldomir, but I think Vergil is the hardest puncher in the division he has crazy power and is only 21.

He is the future, he already said he wants to fight the best guys at 147 next year

I think Vergil is the hardest puncher in the division he has crazy power and is only 21.

He is the future, he already said he wants to fight the best guys at 147 next year

Me to him.....<DontBelieve1>

They looked like two different weight classes in there. The kid looks to have the touch of death but as always can he do it against the best? I'll be keeping an eye on him as he progresses.

Me to him.....<DontBelieve1>
He is already the mandatory for Manny Pacquiao, they gave him the WBA gold belt last night when he stopped Orozco the kid is like the Jamie Munguia of 147 a big dude. He wants Errol Spence too, Mikey Garcia said he hits 100 times harder than Spence, he trains with Mike and Robert Garcia. He has that freaky power man. only 21 but alot of young guys have become champions.

Last edited:
He is already the mandatory for Manny Pacquiao, they gave him the WBA gold belt last night when he stopped Orozco the kid is like the Jamie Munguia of 147 a big dude. He wants Errol Spence too, Mikey Garcia said he hates 100 times harder than Spence, he trains with Mike and Robert Garcia. He has that freaky power man. only 21 but alot of young guys have become champions.
He hates 100 times harder?? Spence has always seemed pretty balanced to me.......

Tbf Herrera is washed and fighting above his natural weight. Herrera was one of the most durable guys and had one of the more underrated jabs when he was in his prime. This kid can punch tho, no doubt.

Left me feeling bad for Herrera more than anything, tbh. That dude's been around FOREVER and fought seemingly everyone. Watched him live once, he's had a solid career, probably time to hang em up.

He hates 100 times harder?? Spence has always seemed pretty balanced to me.......
Auto suggest and auto correct on iPad. Ill type something and another word that is suggested posts, but Im too lazy to go back oh well. I was typing HITS harder.

Tbf Herrera is washed and fighting above his natural weight. Herrera was one of the most durable guys and had one of the more underrated jabs when he was in his prime. This kid can punch tho, no doubt.

Left me feeling bad for Herrera more than anything, tbh. That dude's been around FOREVER and fought seemingly everyone. Watched him live once, he's had a solid career, probably time to hang em up.
Ive seen Harrera in person at Fantasy Springs he is short guy, its a shame he got robbed in the Danny Garcia fight. It would have been a sweet victory one he could hare told his grand kids. and he would have been one of the guys in history to win a championship via upset.

Seems to be a good puncher, but we need to see him KO higher tier fighters before i can say definitively

Also, He did fight someone who was moving up, so let's not jump the gun.

Mike Tyson never answered this question and people still seem to think he is one of the greatest...
Tyson had all the tools in the world, but lacked the heart of the true champions. You never seen him turn the tide it seems he zoned out if he couldn't get you out early within 5 and then would just go through the motions. When he gets hurt or dropped especially in his later career he just quit.

If Tyson had the heart of a lion dude would have been something special with his skillset and ferocity.

Mike Tyson never answered this question and people still seem to think he is one of the greatest...
he was the first unified HW champion, but he didn't fight the best? who was the best at the time that he wasn't fighting?

mike had the charisma, the physique, the power, and the boxing skills - all of which made him an icon. maybe he wasn't the greatest boxer to ever step into the ring, but to suggest he wasn't fighting (and absolutely destroying) top fighters is laughable.

he was the first unified HW champion, but he didn't fight the best? who was the best at the time that he wasn't fighting?

mike had the charisma, the physique, the power, and the boxing skills - all of which made him an icon. maybe he wasn't the greatest boxer to ever step into the ring, but to suggest he wasn't fighting (and absolutely destroying) top fighters is laughable.
None of what you said matters when he didnt have the heart of a true champion. you can have all the skills, the look of a monster, but if you lacked the championship heart and crumbled in your toughest fights against hall of famers its not a good look.

I have never seen Tyson bounce back from adversity in the ring, Ive seen other legends do it and refuse to quit they would bite down on their mouth piece and say bring it on after being down hard in the fight. Tyson zoned out, and quit or looked for ways out like biting an ear.

Its sad but true and im a huge Tyson fan. Now if Tyson had Evanders heart he would be hard to beat.

None of what you said matters when he didnt have the heart of a true champion. you can have all the skills, the look of a monster, but if you lacked the championship heart and crumbled in your toughest fights against hall of famers its not a good look.

I have never seen Tyson bounce back from adversity in the ring, Ive seen other legends do it and refuse to quit they would bite down on their mouth piece and say bring it on after being down hard in the fight. Tyson zoned out, and quit or looked for ways out like biting an ear.

Its sad but true and im a huge Tyson fan. Now if Tyson had Evanders heart he would be hard to beat.
I agree mostly but check out Tyson's fights with Razor Ruddock to see some fights where battled through adversity although he did hurt Ruddock early in those fights.

I agree mostly but check out Tyson's fights with Razor Ruddock to see some fights where battled through adversity although he did hurt Ruddock early in those fights.
Ive seen all or most of his fights including the Ruddock fight, that was a tough fight, but he never overcame the type of adversity I speak of. Im talking where you are pretty much getting pummeled or down but you still believe in yourself and will yourself. like Evander vs Riddick Bowe Evander got hurt bdly but he came back and willed himself.

Back