Is USADA just one big trainwreck?

Jones and Brock got the max sentence possible for the substances they failed for....and brock paid a $250k fine.

Max sentences and a huge fine are not examples of fighters getting off because they have money.

They could have gotten more from nsac, but they "settled".

Yes, 7-Keto was on the brazilian banned list.

USADA dont have a "brazilian page"

Yes Machida did show elevated 7-keto to DHEA ratio

So apart from being salty about Machida...

USADA does not have a Brazillian page, that's correct, so they have a link to a different reference site that they specifically tell people to use. If you do a search, it doesn't show up on that page. So the place THEY TELL PEOPLE TO CHECK did not have it listed.

USADA is good for the sport, but Machida got screwed pretty badly. The substance he's taking it listed as an anabolic agent because it's related to DHEA, but the 7-keto variety, in scientific studies, has shown no anabolic effects.

So, he got nailed for delcaring that he was taking a substance that was not listed on a reference site they refer Brazillian speakers to, which is on the list for being something that it isn't. 18 months for that does not seem like a punishment that fits the "crime."

USADA does not have a Brazillian page, that's correct, so they have a link to a different reference site that they specifically tell people to use. If you do a search, it doesn't show up on that page. So the place THEY TELL PEOPLE TO CHECK did not have it listed.

USADA is good for the sport, but Machida got screwed pretty badly. The substance he's taking it listed as an anabolic agent because it's related to DHEA, but the 7-keto variety, in scientific studies, has shown no anabolic effects.

So, he got nailed for delcaring that he was taking a substance that was not listed on a reference site they refer Brazillian speakers to, which is on the list for being something that it isn't. 18 months for that does not seem like a punishment that fits the "crime."

Not accurate. You read an article and believed every word.

First up, abcd search page clearly says

1. Not all things show up including supplements, products bought outside Brazil.
2. When product not found does not mean OK to take
3. refer to prohibited list (which in Portuguese most definitely has it listed)
4. contact abcd

And no, Usada Ufc site does not refer to the Brazilian site. The Ufc. Global drops is based on country of purchase not nationality.

Like I say, just cos one journo with an agenda says its so doesn't mean it is.

Here's my pretty detailed rebuttal of that price and why it's misleading

https://lightatheendofthetunnelisdim.wordpress.com/2016/11/28/machida-global-dro-and-7-keto/

, in scientific studies, has shown no anabolic effects.

Not quite accurate. There are no studies showing conclusively that is definitely has an enhancing effect. You moved the "no"

Besides, the author who you are getting all this information from also claims its prohibited because its a masking agent

Just as flawed as the old.

You have Jones, Anderson, Brock, Romero, all clearly cheating, and they all use the same excuse- tainted supplements.

It's bullshit.

You CALL USADA. You tell them what you're taking. They tell you if you can or not. Christ when are we going to call an apple an apple.

IIRC, 1 year is the max penalty for estrogen blockers.
It's 2 under the new NSAC guidelines, but those weren't in place when Jones and Brock failed. Prior to mid-September of 2016, there were no guidelines on sanctions, which is why there was absolutely no consistency. It sounds like they're just mirroring USADA's sanctions for now if they seem reasonable. I don't think anyone has failed in NV or while scheduled to fight there since the new amendments came into force. USADA's maximum in the UFC's anti-doping policy for the class of drugs they failed for, assuming no aggravating circumstances, is 1 year. Up to 3 if they're caught lying about it, using multiple substances at a time, etc, but they usually won't pursue that. They haven't gone after it yet, even with guys like Hunter failing for 5 things at once.

Last edited:
They need to fuck off, in my opinion. Coming in here and messing with our shit.

MMA was fine without them.

Just as flawed as the old.

You have Jones, Anderson, Brock, Romero, all clearly cheating, and they all use the same excuse- tainted supplements.

It's bullshit.

You CALL USADA. You tell them what you're taking. They tell you if you can or not. Christ when are we going to call an apple an apple.
Well, then you get George Sullivan. Failed for IGF-1, which would normally be 2 years. Declared it on a test in January or February, they didn't catch what it was (the bottle said it was deer antler velvet). Gets tested again in July, declares it again. That DCO says "hey, wait, what's that?". They give him a year, but it's effectively on 6 months because they back-dated it to the day after his last fight. So he's fighting at Randy Brown at 208 in February.

But yes, in general, if you don't know, and you can't figure it out with the other resources, call. They'll never tell you it's safe, but they'll tell you if they believe it might make you fail.

They haven't gone after it yet, even with guys like Hunter failing for 5 things at once.

Think Adam saw the prompt admission clause that prevents the four years and poured his heart out.

Probably admitted to five other things as well as a string of burglaries as well :)

1 incorrect article white knighting for Machida has led to a lot of hope amoung Dragon fans he never knew he was doping.

They have potentially ended Lombard's Career, protected Weidman by assasinating TRTor, came to Romero's house when he was apparently sleeping, but he still beat them.

Flagged Tom Lawlor, but Lawlor says that he never takes PED's, and we all know that fighters would never lie about that.

"I had the flu, so a friend of a friend gave me a pill to help and it made me fail the drug test." I recken dat that freind of a the friend was a USADA plant <30>.

Robbed DC of the Jones fight. Made Mark Hunt whine. The list goes on. It's fun when they bust I fighter I don't like though.

EDIT: Lombard's team tested him before the official test and he was clen, so what does that mean? <30>

Back