Is USADA just one big trainwreck?

FlyingDeathKick

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
You got all these cheaters getting off easy with the tainted supplement excuse then you've got Machida. He was on an a supplement that wasn't on the ban list of USADA's brasillian page, listed it to them, they pulled him from his fight and now he's suspended for 18 months (putting an end to his career at that age.) Apparently he didn't even test positive for DHEA and 7-keto does nearly nothing. We also have Lombard who tested positive before USADA, looks exactly the same and hasn't been caught by USADA. Boxing is full of steroids as well, USADA doesn't seem to be helping.

Yeah, it's obvious that it's just as flawed and corrupt as the former system, only in a different way. Now fighters are getting off easy based on how much money they have and what kind of fees/lawyers they have defending them...kinda like the real world when you think about it.

You got all these cheaters getting off easy with the tainted supplement excuse then you've got Machida. He was on an a supplement that wasn't on the ban list of USADA's brasillian page, listed it to them, they pulled him from his fight and now he's suspended for 18 months (putting an end to his career at that age.) Apparently he didn't even test positive for DHEA and 7-keto does nearly nothing. We also have Lombard who tested positive before USADA, looks exactly the same and hasn't been caught by USADA. Boxing is full of steroids as well, USADA doesn't seem to be helping.
Yes, it was listed and had been for years. And he knew it.
And yes, he did test positive.
Brock hasn't had his USADA hearing yet, so why are you referencing them?

I gave them the benefit of the doubt. It looked like it was working the way it should.

But there is too much fuckery going on now. I don't believe they are legit.

It has definitely cut the number of cheaters way down. Alot of fighters went right into the tank since USADA.

Where are you getting your information? It has been on USADA's list for a few years but isn't listed on their Brazillian site. Also USADA had just came into power in the UFC and no Lyoto didn't test positive.

I don't care what usada says about being totally unbiased even though they are hired and paid by UFC. When enough money is thrown at them, they do what they are told.

It's like treating your dog with sulfuric acid to get rid of the fleas.

Yes, 7-Keto was on the brazilian banned list.

USADA dont have a "brazilian page"

Yes Machida did show elevated 7-keto to DHEA ratio

So apart from being salty about Machida...

Where are you getting your information? It has been on USADA's list for a few years but isn't listed on their Brazillian site. Also USADA had just came into power in the UFC and no Lyoto didn't test positive.

Usada dont have a braizilian site.

And it IS on the portugese language prohibited list.

You are referring to the search function on the ABCD website which no, doesnt list 7-keto but specifically says prior to conducting a search

+ Just because something isnt found doesnt mean its ok to take

and on the search result

+ Contact ABCD to clarify this product
+ Check the portugese language prohibited list

7-keto has also been banned by all athletic commissions including the brazilian commission for many years.

Basically you are salty about Machida and needed to make a thread about it

Now fighters are getting off easy based on how much money they have and what kind of fees/lawyers they have defending them....

Can you give one example of this?

If he knew it then why would he admit to taking a supplement that basically does nothing. If he knew it was banned he wouldn't have taken it. If he was a cheater he would have tried to hide it. Nothing you said makes any sense.

Possible corruption aside....
it is important to keep a level playing field.....
especially in fighting.

This is a very dangerous game.

I feel like Machida got screwed (although you have your facts wrong), but other than that I haven't had a lot of complaints about USADA.

I don't think any testing regime is going to 'clean up' the sport (whatever that even means, given how many things are out there to take), but I feel like the constant threat of random testing has gotten through to a lot of these guys. The question is whether you actually want less people using PEDs and which PEDs.

WME wants to cut costs. The UFC currently pays USADA some 6-8 million a year. I think WME cuts USADA. No other league uses it. NFL, MLB, NBA and even boxing don't use USADA. And no one questions their "legitimacy" I think they're gonna go back to the way things used to be with the athletic commissions. Much cheaper. Cost saving

All we have learned from this and Jon Jones' case is that it's better to admit nothing, and deny everything. Appeal, agree to arbitration and then have your suspension cut in half.

Basically you fine with USADA ruining the sport and love taking

You are referring to the search function on the ABCD website which no, doesnt list 7-keto but specifically says prior to conducting a search

+ Just because something isnt found doesnt mean its ok to take

and on the search result

7-keto has also been banned by all athletic commissions including the brazilian commission for many years.

+ Just because smething isnt found doesnt mean its ok to take

and on the search result

Basically you are fine with USADA ruining the sport and love taking dicks up your ass. USADA is basically encouraging people to cheat with the way they are operating. Several fighters have been banned by USADA for no good reason now.

If he knew it then why would he admit to taking a supplement that basically does nothing. If he knew it was banned he wouldn't have taken it. If he was a cheater he would have tried to hide it. Nothing you said makes any sense.

You don’t give up, do you. What I meant was that he knew it had been banned for years when he made the bullshit excuse “It was just added to the banned list and I didn’t know”. He’d have to be an idiot to not know it was banned when he told them, but maybe he is really that dumb, I don’t know.

Per Sherdog logic, he’s a confirmed cheat. Time to get over it.

All we have learned from this and Jon Jones' case is that it's better to admit nothing, and deny everything. Appeal, agree to arbitration and then have your suspension cut in half.
Oh yeah. Honesty gets you no where with you USADA. Even if caught on camera. You say "It wasn't me" like that Shaggy song.

Back