Is UFC's welterweight that good?

Conor would have a significant chance against Wonderboy, Jorge and Masvidal. I don't think he would be a massive underdog.

I think he even has a chance against Woodley.

If I decide to bet on these potential matchups.

Conor vs Usman: Usman
Conor vs Colby: Colby
Conor vs Woodley: No bet
Conor vs Khabib: No bet
Conor vs Jorge: No bet
Conor vs Edwards: No bet
Conor vs Thompson: No bet or perhaps Conor if he's the underdog which I don't think he will.
vs anyone else at 170 and below: Conor

Maia submits Conor in the 1st

I mean, a lot of people say that it is waaaay better than Bellator.

How can it be better, if Conor gets the title shot at Usman?

Because UFC's Welterweight is too deep?

tenor.gif
Welterweight UFC has always been stacked, however I do think Bellator has a few names that would be top 5-10 contenders.

Don't think people understand why UFC WW is the way it is. People see these "boring wrestlers" at the top like Usman, Woodley, Covington, and they think "oh, they're so boring, they must not be good. They wouldn't get lit up by some flashier bellator guy." Not the way it works. WW is the wrestler's division. Always has been, always will be. In order to get where they are, these guys beat many flashy strikers who could perform similar feats in bellator. Even take a guy like Vicente Luque. He could probably take anyone in Bellator except maybe Amosov. He has that style that bellator fans will marvel at more. But he was beaten by Edwards and Wonderboy. And they were beaten by Usman and Woodley. So all these boring looking fighters are at the top for a reason.

Well, actually the boringest boring wrestler ever, no other than Jon Fitch at 42 years old arguably beat the Bellator champion just last year

Maia is too old at this point. I don't think he or anyone else not named Usman, Colby, Khabib, Woodley can take and hold Conor down at WW or LW.

I just wonder what you've seen to believe that.
At LW it might be arguable but there are plenty of WWs who are actually legit sized MWs and also very skilled wrestlers so the chances of them imposing their size/strenght on Conor are very high. There is always a puncher's chance but that's it.

Welterweight in UFC is a good division but it's very stagnant, top guys only want to fight top guys and some guys are clogging up top 10 spots because of their legacy; Dos Anjos, Maia and Diaz should not be in top 10.

Who said McGregor was a top 2 WW let alone a top 10 one? No one.

He's 2-1 at WW with wins over Diaz and Cerrone - both of which aren't true WWs but are tweeners and weren't even competing at 170 during the time.

It's kind of sad half of sherdog has severe mental retardation and can't distinguish merit from $$$$$$ draw power.
Conor is fighting for the title, ringing bell?

Who?

Genuine question because I can't think of anyone who is "good" in the HW division that is plucked from Bellator. Was Ngannou originally a Bellator guy? Not to my knowledge.

Edit: So far with 10 seconds of googling I've confirmed Ngannou never was in Bellator, neither was Rozenstruik. I know Cain (irrelevant now), JDS, Overeem, Stipe, DC, Curtis Blaydes - all never fought there.

Apparently Derrick Lewis fought ONCE in Bellator, not sure I'd consider him a product of that org based on a single random fight.
Derrick Lewis
Alexander Volkov
Alexey Oliynyk
Blagoi Ivanov
Augusto Sakai

And you weren’t watching back then. Lewis got outwrestled and Bellator cut his ass. 33% of the top 15 got cut from Bellator

It's more top heavy than in past years (let's pick a random year: 2012). There are 5-6 top guys now, then a big drop-off.

(2012)

1. St Pierre
2. Hendricks
2. Kampmann
4. Condit
5. Nick
6. Fitch
7. Kos
8. Shields
9. Rory
10. Ellenberger

Derrick Lewis
Alexander Volkov
Alexey Oliynyk
Blagoi Ivanov
Augusto Sakai

And you weren’t watching back then. Lewis got outwrestled and Bellator cut his ass. 33% of the top 15 got cut from Bellator
You're misusing the word "cut". For example, if Lewis was a regional fighter a while back and got signed to a one-fight contract for a regional promotion. He is not "cut" afterwards. He and the company had no relationship. He was just a one-time contractor. Or if say Blagoy Ivanov left for the WSOF. He was not "cut." You can call everything "cut", but that's not an accurate description of the contractual situation/relationship. That's just you trying to twist reality to fit your opinion.

Back