Is UFC's welterweight that good?

Bellator WW is better than the UFC’s. Marty Snoozeman is not the best WW in the world. So essentially right now we have the non-best WW in the world vs a career 145er for the title and you’re gonna tell me this is the best WW division in the sport? Yeah sorry I’m going with Bellator any day over this bullshit
Take your bellashit loving ass from the UFC forum then :D

Usman Bless
Khabib Bless

618809-29f18f5a26ab8949f4357f14fcf4a2cd.png

Wonderboy >>>>> entire Bellashit ww division :D

Khabib Bless

618809-29f18f5a26ab8949f4357f14fcf4a2cd.png
You are a casual. You should be ashamed of yourself. You’re admitting you’re a mouth breathing moron. Get off this thread loser

Bellator has good guys but their divisions are really shallow. To put on high caliber fights they just do rematches against their top guys. A lot of their guys are bottom 10-15 former UFC fighters.

It most certainly does. This further proves the UFC is a joke. If it was the other way around and Bellator had a 145er fighting for the belt you all wouldn’t let them heard the end of it. The double standards are hilarious
Bellator had a HW tournament where 25% of the fightes were MWs.

Don't get me wrong, some great fighters have come out of and are currently in Bellator, but their roster is not deep.

Conor getting a shot doesn't speak to the strength of the WW division. It's not based on merit but it's a way for the UFC to make money and Usman is interested because it's a free win tied to a huge payday and his profile will increase.

Top 5 in WW would all smoke Conor. He struggled vs a gatekeeper in Nate when he claims to have been at the peak of his powers.

Conor would have a significant chance against Wonderboy, Jorge and Masvidal. I don't think he would be a massive underdog.

I think he even has a chance against Woodley.

If I decide to bet on these potential matchups.

Conor vs Usman: Usman
Conor vs Colby: Colby
Conor vs Woodley: No bet
Conor vs Khabib: No bet
Conor vs Jorge: No bet
Conor vs Edwards: No bet
Conor vs Thompson: No bet or perhaps Conor if he's the underdog which I don't think he will.
vs anyone else at 170 and below: Conor

Conor vs. Usman.... At Welterweight?

Conor has won 4 titles during his career (2 - FW and 2 - LW)
Of those 4 titles, Conor has ZERO title defenses.................. ZERO, he has never defended a belt he has won, ever.

Why would anyone want to see that fight? In the event Conor could somehow beat Usman, there is a 100% chance he will not defend it, not to mention the fact that Conor has never faced an actual full time Welterweight fighter in his career.

I'm all for freakshow and fun fights, but anything involving Conor and titles outside of FW or LW is a waste of time. Hell anything involving the FW and LW titles and Conor is a waste of time, but at least they're his actual respective divisions.

If it was a bad idea for GSP to fight Bisping at Middleweight (even though it ended up getting the division moving in the end) then it's a really bad idea for Conor to fight Usman).

Conor vs. Usman.... At Welterweight?

Conor has won 4 titles during his career (2 - FW and 2 - LW)
Of those 4 titles, Conor has ZERO title defenses.................. ZERO, he has never defended a belt he has won, ever.

Why would anyone want to see that fight? In the event Conor could somehow beat Usman, there is a 100% chance he will not defend it, not to mention the fact that Conor has never faced an actual full time Welterweight fighter in his career.

I'm all for freakshow and fun fights, but anything involving Conor and titles outside of FW or LW is a waste of time. Hell anything involving the FW and LW titles and Conor is a waste of time, but at least they're his actual respective divisions.

If it was a bad idea for GSP to fight Bisping at Middleweight (even though it ended up getting the division moving in the end) then it's a really bad idea for Conor to fight Usman).
this is Dana White my friend

Bellator had a HW tournament where 25% of the fightes were MWs.

Don't get me wrong, some great fighters have come out of and are currently in Bellator, but their roster is not deep.
Dude let’s not even have this convo. Half of the UFC’s HW division is Bellator cast offs. Coker only put those guys in that tourney because they were the biggest names. But if you wanna really talk HWs I can list out 5 UFC ranked HWs who were CUT from Bellator right now

Lima would KO Usman. Lima is the best WW in the world

so, according to you, Conor is the second or third best welterweight in the world? hahahahhahahaha

Who said McGregor was a top 2 WW let alone a top 10 one? No one.

He's 2-1 at WW with wins over Diaz and Cerrone - both of which aren't true WWs but are tweeners and weren't even competing at 170 during the time.

It's kind of sad half of sherdog has severe mental retardation and can't distinguish merit from $$$$$$ draw power.

Dude let’s not even have this convo. Half of the UFC’s HW division is Bellator cast offs. Coker only put those guys in that tourney because they were the biggest names. But if you wanna really talk HWs I can list out 5 UFC ranked HWs who were CUT from Bellator right now

Who?

Genuine question because I can't think of anyone who is "good" in the HW division that is plucked from Bellator. Was Ngannou originally a Bellator guy? Not to my knowledge.

Edit: So far with 10 seconds of googling I've confirmed Ngannou never was in Bellator, neither was Rozenstruik. I know Cain (irrelevant now), JDS, Overeem, Stipe, DC, Curtis Blaydes - all never fought there.

Apparently Derrick Lewis fought ONCE in Bellator, not sure I'd consider him a product of that org based on a single random fight.

Last edited:
Don't think people understand why UFC WW is the way it is. People see these "boring wrestlers" at the top like Usman, Woodley, Covington, and they think "oh, they're so boring, they must not be good. They wouldn't get lit up by some flashier bellator guy." Not the way it works. WW is the wrestler's division. Always has been, always will be. In order to get where they are, these guys beat many flashy strikers who could perform similar feats in bellator. Even take a guy like Vicente Luque. He could probably take anyone in Bellator except maybe Amosov. He has that style that bellator fans will marvel at more. But he was beaten by Edwards and Wonderboy. And they were beaten by Usman and Woodley. So all these boring looking fighters are at the top for a reason.

The UFC WW top 16 is solid, maybe not the top 16 WW in the world because I think that Lima is better than Chiesa, RDA and Pettis at this point, but is undeniable that the UFC WW division is talented on a worldwide perspective, just not as stacked as LW, FW or WSW

Conor vs Usman would be a worse version of Khabib/Conor. It's the only reason the rat wants that fight. No way Dana lets Conor take that fight since the guy's hype has reignited. If Masvidal really wants to wait on the Usman fight, which is a bad look for him imo, then Burns should get a shot if he beats Woodley. If not, go with the Colby rematch.

Back