Is UFC WMMA demeaning to women?

I wouldn't say she got promoted. Shes been grinding for a while and built her mystique up herself. I wouldn't say the ufc went out of their way to promote her.

Lol? They made an entire division solely to be a showcase for her.

women are sexy, woman are beautiful. Not demeaning, just the way it is
When it comes to the ladies, sex sells.

I agree and will go a step further. think it is demeaning to women to suggest that the feminine beauty is irrelevant.

No but Sherdog forums are.

dana white called cyborg wanderlei silva in a dress

wtf does that have to do with her fighting ability?

meanwhile, ronda rousey was forward about using her sex appeal to market herself
dana white called her a diaz brother in a beautiful fucking body

ronda rousey is the biggest WMMA crossover star in UFC history. is that a coincidence?

In the case of Paige VanZant it is worth noting how little she was promoted at first.

The UFC decided they wanted booze in the TUF house more than Paige (she was under the legal drinking age) so they disqualified her from being on The Ultimate Fighter Season 20, although she qualified otherwise by virtue of being on the Invicta FC strawweight roster that the UFC bought en masse.

Paige's debut fight was buried on a UFC Fight Pass prelim, back when very few people had Fight Pass. So clearly they didn't do that because they had an intent to strongly promote her.

The way that Paige turned that around was to have such a rip-roaring battle with Kailin Curran that they got awarded Fight Of The Night despite the fight being buried where hardly anyone saw it. According to the announcers, however, they got a standing ovation from the live audience. Paige won that fight by TKO.

Apparently Reebok was impressed by the combination of Paige's youth, looks, and ability to fight and win an exciting fight, decided she fit a demographic they wanted to appeal to, and so offered her a special contract. With Reebok pushing her, the UFC got on board and started pushing her too.

Fighting is not demeaning to people. Sex is not involved. People are demeaning to People.

Haha really?

Pearl was pulled off a card bc NY doesn't allow. LA doesn't allow. Not sure how much has been updated or changed. I think they let it go on after review.

I want to review breast before a fight

After she had already built herself up in strikeforce and other promotions.

Yeah, that's how it worked for lots of people who came from Strikeforce. Was the UFC supposed to promote Cyborg before she came to the UFC? The UFC wanted Cyborg badly from the beginning. Ultimately, they made a division of three people so they could give Cyborg a belt for the sake of promotion. It isn't true that the UFC didn't promote Cyborg. They pushed her pretty hard.

Not just WMMA. Look at the opportunities given to Sage, Erik Silva, Roger Huerta back in the day. The UFC promotes good looking people a bit more than the unattractive, but if ugly people can win, they will still succeed.

dana white called cyborg wanderlei silva in a dress

wtf does that have to do with her fighting ability?

His comments had everything to do with her fighting ability. He was clearly referencing her masculine musculature. He was accusing her of being "jacked up on steroids beyond belief" not saying she was ugly.

Victim mentality and infantilizes women. These girls know what they are doing. They want the Instamoney.

After she had already built herself up in strikeforce and other promotions.

Let's not forget that the UFC were paying Cyborg 90k-100k to fight in Invicta.

Well, I don't know when I saw the UFC the last time promoting a prelim fighter as much, as they do with ariane lipski.

They're promoting Lipski because she's an exciting striker, the fact that she's pretty is just a bonus.

Trigger warning:

Maybe it is a little bit but it’s normal.

Cyborg got promoted

What ugly girls with skills are not being promoted?
Virna Jandiroba, Invicta 115 champion

https://m.sherdog.com/fighter/Virna-Jandiroba-137557

14-0, 11 submissions

If she was even remotely attractive she would be in the UFC.
images

I wouldn't say she got promoted. Shes been grinding for a while and built her mystique up herself. I wouldn't say the ufc went out of their way to promote her.
They signed Cyborg knowing she couldn't fight at 135 when that was the only women's division they had, they kept her under contract and allowed her to compete in Invicta while trying to figure out how they could use her, eventually creating a 145 division her within the promotion and barely signed anybody just to have her serve as the mainevent on PPV. I would say they promoted her fairly well compared to a lot of her male counterparts.

Back