Is UFC in trouble?

“Overpaying fighters” what a shit take.
UFC over pays Dana white and under pays their fighters.
You are obviously a retard based on your other responses. I was stating that PFL cant sustain paying ex-ufc and youtubers the amount of money they currently are. It had nothing to do with UFC pay but thats what you made it about cause you wanted to get defensive. Go back to reddit and be outraged with the other incels.

You are obviously a retard based on your other responses. I was stating that PFL cant sustain paying ex-ufc and youtubers the amount of money they currently are. It had nothing to do with UFC pay but thats what you made it about cause you wanted to get defensive. Go back to reddit and be outraged with the other incels.
oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t realize that you were familiar with the PFL’s financial situation, their plans for upcoming years, and what kind of investors they had.

If karate combat could make a go of it with one sponsor per season I don’t see any reason that PFL can’t pay their fighters well and keep going.

You’re right 50% of 0 is 0, but the Paul’s have a huge following, and will likely bring a lot of people to view their promotion. Most will likely wash out after the initial excitement, but it creates a lot of potential they didn’t have before.
There's a good chance that most of Paul's fans will come to watch Paul fight and that's it. It's not like they're going to continue watching PFL and be hooked on Contender Series and pay for cards with fighters they've never heard of.

Last edited:
There's a good chance that most of Paul's fans will come to watch Paul fight and that's it. It's not like they're going to continue watching PFL and be hooked in Contender Series and pay for cards with fighters they've never heard of.
That’s exactly how new people get into the sport.
It only takes a little bit of attention for things to start to take off.

UFC is in trouble when their revenue is screwed and right now its higher every year and over a billion. Until day comes they either cant get a tv deal, sponsors run for the hills, lose promoters license to hold events in places etc they are fine.

Jake Paul doing a PPV in PFL, Bellator doing a show on CBS, a fighter signs with someone else, people in here love in the moment everything is over reactions but they mean nothing in reality. People really dont seem to grasp what it would take to truly shift the market which has been clear in here for over a decade. Fans be dumb as hell when it comes to shit like this.

Dana slapped his wife after her slap (he never kicked her though looks like he tried) this happened out of country and he did not press charges on his wife nor did she press charges against him, makes you wonder if their home has past violence but as no signs of that and no charges pressed their is no reason for sanctions on Dana.

Compare Dana to the greatest fight promoter Don King whose anger issues included kicking someone to death and still went on to making millions.

PFL has a bad tendency of overpaying fighters (Pettis $500k, Kayla $750k, Rory $250k, Burgos said he'll be a millionaire) and now they are paying Jake Paul with equity. I dont think this is very sustainable. If this Jake Paul gimmick does not pan out it will leave PFL in financial ruin.

Back