Is Tyrone vs Wonderboy not as clear cut as it seems to be?

Someone adjust the "tint" on Hendricks to a dark shade and this is exactly how Woodley v. Wonderboy would play out.
R8a0s4cH1H0Qg.gif

5EopqQVZTzJ1m.gif

4ofljpMbuXB16.gif

3CwdvpPYKDLEI.gif

It's worth mentioning that he put away the worst version of Hendricks that we've seen.

The worst version of Hendricks showed up against Gastelum. Against Wonderboy, Hendricks actually looked like his usual pre-USADA self up until Wonderboy kicked him in the face. It was then that Hendricks lost all confidence and became a heavy bag. Which is why that performance is supremely impressive.

How so? Johnny had an amazing weight cut and was in prime form. He was hungry and coming off a win. Just maybe, WB made Hendricks look like an amatuer because that's just how good he is?
>name: ReasonableMMAFan
>yellow card

I'll play along though. Hendricks didn't have an amazing weight cut; he basically starved himself and was walking around at 175 the week of the fight. He wasn't coming off a win, but rather coming off a withdrawal from a fight with Woodley due to being hospitalized after he shat the bed with his weight. He also left his longtime training camp in favor of trying to run his own, and he admitted he didn't really have good training partners.

Hendricks hasn't looked good.
Lawler hasn't looked good.
Wonderboy has looked excellent.

Wonderboy by KO in round one.

if the past few months serve as any kind of experience, id say no fights are a "clear cut" in mma anymore

there arent big holes in anyones game high up the rankings nowadays. they all have good wrestling, ground game, striking etc....

and then there is damian maia.... but u know, for the most part "it is what it is"

no they dont.

if you sont see the massive gap in striking between woodley and wonderboy idk what to say

WB should get the fight but I understand why Woodley wants Diaz as it's the better sell and he knows theres a good chance he looses and I'm talking either a WB KTFO or a 5-0 decsion

>name: ReasonableMMAFan
>yellow card

I'll play along though. Hendricks didn't have an amazing weight cut; he basically starved himself and was walking around at 175 the week of the fight. He wasn't coming off a win, but rather coming off a withdrawal from a fight with Woodley due to being hospitalized after he shat the bed with his weight. He also left his longtime training camp in favor of trying to run his own, and he admitted he didn't really have good training partners.

175 seems like a decent weight to be around a week out. The fuck are you talking about?

The Woodly incident happened sometime ago. Not particularly relevant.

The switching of training camps is probably the only legitimate excuse Hendricks and his apologists can come up with, but imo it's barely relevant. Hendricks is the same fighter he's always been, no training camp or coaches or sparring partners are going to change that.

175 seems like a decent weight to be around a week out. The fuck are you talking about?

The Woodly incident happened sometime ago. Not particularly relevant.

The switching of training camps is probably the only legitimate excuse Hendricks and his apologists can come up with, but imo it's barely relevant. Hendricks is the same fighter he's always been, no training camp or coaches or sparring partners are going to change that.
The quality of this post explains your yellow card.

woodley/lawler showed me nothing new i love Robbie but he should of lost 2 of his last 3 fight before he fought woodley

robbie is fun and extremely entertaining to watch but look at this gif wonderboy would of ate him up with this lack of defense and gun shy offense
l0MYxGyto12a89i7e.gif

Are we pretending that leg kick finish wasn't because of the injury from the takedown now?

It is much like Teh Chris checking a kick to break Anderson's leg... Everyone knows he trained to blow out a knee with a kick.

Back