Is Tyrone vs Wonderboy not as clear cut as it seems to be?

Ar145984

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Tyrone put away lawler who pre-usada, pre-IV ban Johnny Hendricks couldnt put away

IMO Tyrone and Hendricks have very similar styles, Tyrone is orthodox power puncher wrestler, same height. Hendricks is also a power puncher but southpaw with arguably better cardio.

While Wonderboy put away Hendricks, he also got dropped by jake. Your thoughts on the matchup?

It's worth mentioning that he put away the worst version of Hendricks that we've seen.

Tyron could neutralize him with wrestling but Wonderboy will keep him at bay.

I don't see Tyron getting past the range.

Wonderboy all day.

Tyron could certainly win and everyone around here will cry and whine about it.

It's worth mentioning that he put away the worst version of Hendricks that we've seen.

Even though he physically looked the best he ever has in that fight. Wonderboy deserves all the credit for the version of hendricks we saw.

This fight could end up like the Rory/Woodley fight.

Rory stayed on the outside and picked Woodley apart the entire fight. Wonderboy could probably do the same but with more power.

When you hit as hard as Woodley, you always have a decent chance.

Wonderboy via anything he wants. (Well except maybe sub)

iv noticed wonderbread always calls him tyrone.

if the past few months serve as any kind of experience, id say no fights are a "clear cut" in mma anymore

there arent big holes in anyones game high up the rankings nowadays. they all have good wrestling, ground game, striking etc....

and then there is damian maia.... but u know, for the most part "it is what it is"

No I don't really think Tyron and Johny are the same fighter and will have the same result against Wonderboy, but they do have similar skill sets.

Still Wood bruh
method=get&s=tyron-woodley-rory-macdonald-gif.gif

That speed/explosiveness of Woddley may be the difference (between him and Hendricks) in catching Wonderboy hopping around though. Plus he can kick. And with Wonderboy giving that wide stance leading leg out there, he might just get clip with one of Tyrone's legkicks, ala Carlos Condit.

I still don't think woodley has what it takes to be effective after two rounds.

Lawler got caught in that lull period when they're figuring each other out still. I think Wonderboy keeps distance and quickly figures woodley out.

Wonderboy is beast, but so is Woodley. This fight isn't going to be the blowout people are expecting. Woodley's power and wrestling will make it plenty interesting.

Rory mad Tyrome look like an amateur beauty queen.

Wonderboy will pick him apart

I can't really see Wonderboy/Woodley looking much different than rory/Woodley. With Woodley's power, he only needs to inside once as we saw with Robbie. I got Wonderboy but Woodley is very live in that fight.

That speed/explosiveness of Woddley may be the difference (between him and Hendricks) in catching Wonderboy hopping around though. Plus he can kick. And with Wonderboy giving that wide stance leading leg out there, he might just get clip with one of Tyrone's legkicks, ala Carlos Condit.
Are we pretending that leg kick finish wasn't because of the injury from the takedown now?

Back