Is Tyron Woodley good?

Money509

A Level Poster
@Silver
Reaction score
Havent really followed this guys career at all and hes not really talked about much. I saw some highlights of him knocking guys out and know he TKOD condit with a leg kick but thats pretty much it . Is he good? i know he got his ass beat by rory mcdonald too .

1rlPc.gif

He's good but not great. I don't think he's a legit top 5 talent and in my opinion he's been getting by on the last couple years being ranked in the top 5 because he has a "W" next to Carlos Condit on his record.

He is, he just doesn't deserve a title shot right now.

Yes. He is elite. But, probably not championship caliber.

Pat Miletich once claimed he's the most athletic fighter in MMA.

He hits hard as hell, and is very quick. But he seems to have mental issues and doesn't handle pressure well.

He ducked Lombard big time saying they were "friends", which Hector vehemently denied.

He is a dangerous fight for just about anybody though.

Yes. He is elite. But, probably not championship caliber.

Pat Miletich once claimed he's the most athletic fighter in MMA.

He hits hard as hell, and is very quick. But he seems to have mental issues and doesn't handle pressure well.

He ducked Lombard big time saying they were "friends", which Hector vehemently denied.

He is a dangerous fight for just about anybody though.
So basically hes got talent but hasnt reached his full potential yet? Kind of what i thought

So basically hes got talent but hasnt reached his full potential yet? Kind of what i thought

Yeah, you can definitely see the talent. But when he's tested and someone turns on the pressure or lands a few good ones, you can see it gradually crumble away. Not good at dealing with adversity in the cage.

Yes. Better version of Melvin Manhoef LOL

Yeah, pretty much. Although, he needs chances to become elite...which is his biggest gripe lately.

he is an athletic beast who is the biggest ww too
thats the only reason he is top five

He crushed Condit. He's grown a lot since the Strikeforce days. Very athletic and strong, but an odd tendency to hold back against good grapplers.

he had a really awful performance against shields, which everyone seems to write off. although shields makes everyone look bad.

What a stupid fucking thread. Yes, he's one of the top contenders and is fucking shredded. When T-Wood is on he's on. Has a bad night and some tentative fights sometimes though

Of course he's good. Athletically he's one of the top WWs. Can he put it together with a good fight IQ, don't know. If you saw him fight early on, he's improved dramatically. The man was a blanket in his early SF days.

Back