Is TUF still relevant?

Well they sold the tuf house and didn't dana also say they're doing less seasons going forward. I could see tuf 29 starting late 2019 maybe using their Shanghai PI with an Asian cast.
Thanks, that explains a bit.

Yes it's relevant. Even if we have a few so called down years...i don't understand why people would say that. 3 years after biasing was on the show he wasn't a champ. Give some of these people time to improve.

EDIT: Bisping (I now sound like a moron)

Last edited:
"does the "tuf" "show" really exist"....? in real life. Or is it make believe

what if we thought they were letting them bang but they only wound up letting them bang for three 5 minute intervals

It is really done. 16 people actually live train and fight together and it’s mostly taped and we get to witness select aspects of it.

is the ufc losing relevance should be the question today. After the joke of a day yesterday with jones. UFC is constantly making poor decision after poor decision. Meanwhile-bellator is putting together better cards by the month. I know bellator isn't on ufc's level but they are gaining ground. Their model seems to be that they are taking once popular ufc champions (later in their career) while also signing very raw young talent. Coker seems to be a pretty smart man. He can't take rome over night, but he's chipping away slowly building a respectable roster.

In terms of giving nobodies a chance at a spot in the UFC the argument could be made for it. In terms of popularity and gaining traction for the UFC not at all. I feel it was much more relevant earlier on before MMA was a much more legitimate sport in the eyes of the general populace.

A few years ago this sub forum was busy. Now it's a graveyard

A few years ago this sub forum was busy. Now it's a graveyard
A valid point. But less popular doesn’t mean irrelevant. After all DWTNCS is the next big thing but no one talks about it.

I enjoy TUF tbh. It gives me something to watch in the week.

135lb champ
Previous interim 155lb champion
170lb champ
185lb champ & one of the challengers for the interim title are all from tuf

135lb champ
170lb champ
W115 champ and one of her top challengers (Suarez) too!

I don't think the argument is necessarily that TUF doesn't turn out good fighters, it's more like those fighters would be getting discovered regardless of TUF so why not feature them in a medium better suited for the digital age?

I don't think the argument is necessarily that TUF doesn't turn out good fighters, it's more like those fighters would be getting discovered regardless of TUF so why not feature them in a medium better suited for the digital age?
A good point, but what is a medium better suited for the digital age? After all, you can view TUF online. How is DWTNCS for example better suited for the digital age? Both those just seem to have better reach once online. But nothing really different.

135lb champ
170lb champ

Yes we are back up to 4 TUF champs. And if Gastilum wins we could be at 5 till he has to fight Whittaker!

Back