Is Trust Important in the Workplace?

Factory work is popular now days .
If you like it and money decent keep at it pal

Yeah it's good for now, more than enough to pay my bills and much more than I was making before I moved. Going to scout the place out for now while I learn, get an idea of what it's like working in various areas from people that have been there awhile. Seems to be a lot of room to advance or switch to higher paying areas.

Yeah it's good for now, more than enough to pay my bills and much more than I was making before I moved. Going to scout the place out for now while I learn, get an idea of what it's like working in various areas from people that have been there awhile. Seems to be a lot of room to advance or switch to higher paying areas.
Watch out for people calling you a brown noser lol

Watch out for people calling you a brown noser lol
Lol yeah everyone's stats are tracked personally. So all I have to do is watch my own stats and not damage anything. Already I see workers stopped in aisles chatting about their love life, gaming the system and manipulating the computer so it seems like they're working. As long as they stay out of my way so I can work I don't care though, never been an ass kisser or a tattler.

Lol yeah everyone's stats are tracked personally. So all I have to do is watch my own stats and not damage anything. Already I see workers stopped in aisles chatting about their love life, gaming the system and manipulating the computer so it seems like they're working. As long as they stay out of my way so I can work I don't care though, never been an ass kisser or a tattler.
Working your way up as you said you want to do they will call it you lol.
I don't know why some people want to move up ?
I hate ass lickers .
Nothing wrong with going up ladder though

Working your way up as you said you want to do they will call it you lol.
I don't know why some people want to move up ?
I hate ass lickers .
Nothing wrong with going up ladder though
Some people have no ambition. Some of the leads and leads in training have been at the company less than six months. And getting equipment certified is more money too. I plan to get really good at the base job, then make moves from there. Newb workers have a lower quota, but I've already surpassed that and I'm closing in on the real quota. I got a strong work ethic so as long as I keep improving I think it's going to go well.

Some people have no ambition. Some of the leads and leads in training have been at the company less than six months. And getting equipment certified is more money too. I plan to get really good at the base job, then make moves from there. Newb workers have a lower quota, but I've already surpassed that and I'm closing in on the real quota. I got a strong work ethic so as long as I keep improving I think it's going to go well.
Nothing wrong with that pal

There’s an interesting but different dynamic with co-workers Vs friends. You can pick your friends, you typically don’t get to pick co-workers. People often compartmentalize when at work and wear a mask so to speak. In short -who you are at work may not be who you are outside of work.

I don’t trust people I work with in the same way I’d trust a proven well known personal friend. To me this is just common sense. But then again, you shouldn’t have to trust people you simply work with in the same way you trust longtime friends. You should only really need to trust them with work related situations and so on. And in that case, I’d say I’ve trusted most people I’ve worked with.

There’s an interesting but different dynamic with co-workers Vs friends. You can pick your friends, you typically don’t get to pick co-workers. People often compartmentalize when at work and wear a mask so to speak. In short -who you are at work may not be who you are outside of work.

I don’t trust people I work with in the same way I’d trust a proven well known personal friend. To me this is just common sense. But then again, you shouldn’t have to trust people you simply work with in the same way you trust longtime friends. You should only really need to trust them with work related situations and so on. And in that case, I’d say I’ve trusted most people I’ve worked with.
You get to meet people at work and I say I got friend for life at current place he's 20 years older than me but we click and have same hobbies

Why would anyone say "no" to this question?

Damn right it's important. In my experience, a job will NOT go well if colleagues don't feel like they have e/o's backs. This is very important.

You get to meet people at work and I say I got friend for life at current place he's 20 years older than me but we click and have same hobbies

There are different levels of trust tho -and different levels of getting to know someone. You’d be foolish to trust someone you just met at work with all your personal history and so on. But you should be able to trust them in a work/job setting.

This doesn’t mean you can’t develop relationships over time, but people rarely stay at places long enough to truly develop those relationships in that way. Obviously you can get to know people away from the workplace, but that’s gonna be only 1 maybe 2 people. The rest of your co-workers likely will not have that same relationship with you, nor should they. Not to mention, those co-workers may also get to know one another which could put them in a conflicting spot if they have to make a choice.

No, it’s a different dynamic. It’s naive to think other wise depending on what level of trust is being discussed.

How so? What happened? Because I don't really understand what you're talking about.

I was basically thinking of two different examples I've had in my career. In my last position (Ops Manager) there was very little trust within the management team. Even though we tended to communicate pretty openly with each other, the dynamic was still very much about covering our own ass. I think this really negatively impacted us as a team, because we were rarely all on the same page, therefore that trickled down to the employees bellow us and influenced the dynamics between shifts. I think the bad part about all of that was my direct manager almost preferred that way, because he was worried that if we were cohesive then we may turn against him, therefore it turned into a very fractured environment.

The position I held prior, a colleague and I were able to establish a strong trust with each other. This ultimately allowed us to work in cohesion and collaborate with each other openly. I think one contributing factor to us being able to establish this trust is him and I were not in competition with each other for a promotion or anything. This ultimately allowed us to elevate each other in our own roles. I ended up being the top manager at the site and was exposed to many opportunities because of that. I also found that it made the day to day work experience A LOT more positive.

The thing is though when working for different companies, I don't think a lot of people are even interested in establishing trust, especially if they feel they have the upper hand (say if I'm new and they've been there for a few years) and it basically just turns into a doggy dog environment.

Considering we handle millions of dollars of other people's money - yes.

I was basically thinking of two different examples I've had in my career. In my last position (Ops Manager) there was very little trust within the management team. Even though we tended to communicate pretty openly with each other, the dynamic was still very much about covering our own ass. I think this really negatively impacted us as a team, because we were rarely all on the same page, therefore that trickled down to the employees bellow us and influenced the dynamics between shifts. I think the bad part about all of that was my direct manager almost preferred that way, because he was worried that if we were cohesive then we may turn against him, therefore it turned into a very fractured environment.

The position I held prior, a colleague and I were able to establish a strong trust with each other. This ultimately allowed us to work in cohesion and collaborate with each other openly. I think one contributing factor to us being able to establish this trust is him and I were not in competition with each other for a promotion or anything. This ultimately allowed us to elevate each other in our own roles. I ended up being the top manager at the site and was exposed to many opportunities because of that. I also found that it made the day to day work experience A LOT more positive.

The thing is though when working for different companies, I don't think a lot of people are even interested in establishing trust, especially if they feel they have the upper hand (say if I'm new and they've been there for a few years) and it basically just turns into a doggy dog environment.
Then, yes.

Is Tr Lust Important in the Workplace? Even a better question.

Obviously, it depends.

If you're a US Marine, I'd imagine it's rather important.
If you're a stock boy, it's probably not that important.

depends on the job
if you work as part of a team w/ team objectives, you either have to trust people, extreme micromanage them, or just do the brunt of the actual work if you want things to get done.....

Plus, what MadMick said

Yes, but I still lock my office door when I head out.

eef.png

Very much so!
I worked in a ferry port as a security guard for a month. They had two fridges, one for each shift Morning/evenings. Both had a padlock on each!!
I have had items of clothing be stolen from two different sites I worked at, each being in the control rooms, which are meant to be a safe environment.

Back