Is Tony Bi-polar?

L.T.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We saw real glimpses of this on TUF and in the privacy of their home his wife must still be terrified. I feel badly for her. Tony is bi-polar that's why he out works and out hearts everyone. He is/ was also manic. Not charisma Conor manic. Probably hallucinating, feeling higher than any drug any man has ever tried who doesn't have bi-polar disorder. His wife should have laced his shit with lithium salts, but he had not eaten for days maybe weeks. He felt like a God. And probably believed he was one. Hell, the skies probably opened up and he saw God. We've known he's a little crazy forever, well, he's bi-polar, and he may or may not have had his first manic episode. A variety of factors, probably numerous factors, may have triggered this. Is it ok? No. Should he be locked up if he put hands on a woman? Yes. He's a danger to society and without intervention he could be dead or in prison for virtually anything. Would one dose of Lithium return him to his normal semi-sanity? Yes. Was he chemically imbalanced and would win a court case based on insanity especially with the officer's account and be sent to off to some shitty jail/ hospital somewhere? Yes. Is putting hands on women fucking deplorable and he deserves time regardless? Yes. Does it annoy me that I sometimes write in the form of asking myself questions? Yes. But we need to understand, Tony's greatest strength has always been his "mental intangibles," it's also his greatest weakness. He was clinically, mentally insane when this happened. Let's have some sympathy for the man. He has not lived an easy life. He will never live an easy life, imo.

Maybe a grain of truth, but that’s about it. Like 1 percent or so. Have you met him? Are you a doctor?

Edit: I’m no expert, but TS sounds manic as fuck. I couldn’t imagine a more manic post actually.

Last edited:
I personally thought Tony was autistic probably has aspergers. The way he acts and says certain things show some mannerisms of someone really anti social and emotionally awkward

I personally thought Tony was autistic probably has aspergers. The way he acts and says certain things show some mannerisms of someone really anti social and emotionally awkward
They tend to move slowly, and they would never get married. They wouldn't understand the logic.

What you described is schizophrenia not bipolar disorder.
I won't even dignify that. Google manic-spisode. Actually, it was probably was his first. They say first one is the worst one.

I won't even dignify that. Google manic-spisode. Actually, it was probably was his first. They say first one is the worst one.
Worked in the psychiatric field for 8 years. Only with patients having psychotic episodes. Don’t need to. Manic episodes are usually mood states, not full blown delusions/paranoia usually.

- Also I could be wrong, there is a bit of overlap but still my first and second thoughts on his situation immediately go to psychotic break from schizophrenia.

We saw real glimpses of this on TUF and in the privacy of their home his wife must still be terrified. I feel badly for her. Tony is bi-polar that's why he out works and out hearts everyone. He is/ was also manic. Not charisma Conor manic. Probably hallucinating, feeling higher than any drug any man has ever tried who doesn't have bi-polar disorder. His wife should have laced his shit with lithium salts, but he had not eaten for days maybe weeks. He felt like a God. And probably believed he was one. Hell, the skies probably opened up and he saw God. We've known he's a little crazy forever, well, he's bi-polar, and he may or may not have had his first manic episode. A variety of factors, probably numerous factors, may have triggered this. Is it ok? No. Should he be locked up if he put hands on a woman? Yes. He's a danger to society and without intervention he could be dead or in prison for virtually anything. Would one dose of Lithium return him to his normal semi-sanity? Yes. Was he chemically imbalanced and would win a court case based on insanity especially with the officer's account and be sent to off to some shitty jail/ hospital somewhere? Yes. Is putting hands on women fucking deplorable and he deserves time regardless? Yes. Does it annoy me that I sometimes write in the form of asking myself questions? Yes. But we need to understand, Tony's greatest strength has always been his "mental intangibles," it's also his greatest weakness. He was clinically, mentally insane when this happened. Let's have some sympathy for the man. He has not lived an easy life. He will never live an easy life, imo.

You did read the part about how the report specifically mentions at no point was Tony violent towards his wife and she fear for her safety or that of her child right? Wasteland this rubbish.

Imagine Conor asking Tony, "Where's your kid at?" over social media or at a press conference or something if they ever fight...

And anyone making psychological diagnosis after reading a Sherdog article and what you have seen on TUF is ridiculous.

What is the difference? Thanks.
Bipolar disorder is mostly about switching between manic and depressive episodes. It can be displayed as hyperactivity/tiredness, extreme confidence/suicidal thoughts....
Schizophrenia causes social isolation, violent outbursts, delusions/hallucinations, bizarre behavior, etc.

I made a thread a few months ago claiming Tony Ferguson had a mental disorder... It got deleted.

So like Danny The Dog basically?

giphy.gif

Where are you getting your information? Where did it say he hadn’t eaten for days maybe weeks, he felt like a god or felt high? Where is this he put his hands on a woman business coming from when the police report specifically says otherwise? Your spreading nonsense like his wife must be terrified despite his wife saying she didn’t fear for the safety of her or her child? MODS GIVE THIS MAN A YELLOW CARD!

Where are you getting your information? Where did it say he hadn’t eaten for days maybe weeks, he felt like a god or felt high? Where is this he put his hands on a woman business coming from when the police report specifically says otherwise? Your spreading nonsense like his wife must be terrified despite his wife saying she didn’t fear for the safety of her or her child? MODS GIVE THIS MAN A YELLOW CARD!
Bro... I'm above reproach.. did you miss the "imo." I'm fucking untouchable.

Also, have any of you stopped to consider this happened out of being a fucking sell-out? Taking money and letting Poirier sit in his fucking seat as he just gets older and his winning streak becomes reduced to nothing with casuals? A lot of factors, UFC purposefully paying him to sit out is THE BIG ONE, imo.

Back