Is this wrong to do?

A

Adam Bunker

Ok a couple of weeks ago in my BJJ class I rolled with this white belt who only has maybe has 4 to 6 months BJJ,me Im a blue belt,have been wrestling for 6 years and compete in gi and no gi so my instructor tells me to go easy and dont try to submit this guy.Well thats pretty much what I do or atleast I thought so,like I worked for subs and let go,he tapped three times to subs that werent even locked in,I was taking it easy on him.I guess he tapped from fear of injury I dont know well he got frustrated and starting acting like a penis.So we clinched up on ground and he stood up so I stood up with him then double legged him them let him up again pulled guard and sunk in a tight ass quillotine and subbed him good like his face turned colors!Well Im usually cool when I roll with noobs but this guy was being a dick and in between rolling he got up and stomped around the mat like a child throwing a temper tantrum in Wal Mart!Did he deserve what I did to him or was it wrong for me to have done that?He actually stormed off and left after that.He's a TKD black belt who I guess isnt used to getting dominated andcant realize his black belt doesnt mean jack shit in bjj class!But like i said I only did that to him because he was being a dick first,I bet Im not the only one here that has a similiar story!

If you are a blue belt, you should be able to control the rhythm and flow of the roll against a guy with 4 months experience, as well as control your temper when somebody spazzes out. What exactly was he doing when you say that he "was acting like a penis" that made you so angry?

he deserved it, subbing his is the only way he will be humbled. if he doesnt get humbled he needs to gtfo bc bjj is not for him. and for mr 2/10 he can go fuck himself.

So to recap

a blue belt with 6 years wrestling dominated a newb white belt
instead of explaining the "BJJ way" you decided to just own the guy for his ignorance.
you shop at Wal Mart

did I miss anything?

If you are a blue belt, you should be able to control the rhythm and flow of the roll against a guy with 4 months experience, as well as control your temper when somebody spazzes out. What exactly was he doing when you say that he "was acting like a penis" that made you so angry?

That was I was doing,well I went for a RNC then went to let go but he tapped then yelled at me for getting him in a choke,then got up and started walking around kicking and stomping and breathing all loud and angerly!Like the rnc I wasn't squezing I just secured the position then let go!He was acting like a total baby,now i do admit I did lose my temper a little though lol.

So to recap

a blue belt with 6 years wrestling dominated a newb white belt
instead of explaining the "BJJ way" you decided to just own the guy for his ignorance.
you shop at Wal Mart

did I miss anything?

Actually when we started out rolling I was letting him work for subs and pass my guard and was actually talking him through some things and helping him fix his mistakes and showing him new things.I was being very helpful and patient,was being the nice guy.He turned into a dick when I went for a choke and let go that he tapped to out of frustration then I decided to humble him!And yeah alot of people shop at Wally world!

he deserved it, subbing his is the only way he will be humbled. if he doesnt get humbled he needs to gtfo bc bjj is not for him. and for mr 2/10 he can go fuck himself.
Amen brother exactly,nice av btw war Almeida next UFC MW champ!!!

green_machine said:
What exactly was he doing when you say that he "was acting like a penis"

That was I was doing

Wait, so you were acting like a penis? I'm confused.

But seriously, if it went down like you say it did, then let your instructor deal with him and roll with somebody else. We all get spazzes every once in awhile, either just go with it and flow around all of his thrashing or else just tell him to chill out and talk him out of a bad spot.

Wait, so you were acting like a penis? I'm confused.

But seriously, if it went down like you say it did, then let your instructor deal with him and roll with somebody else. We all get spazzes every once in awhile, either just go with it and flow around all of his thrashing or else just tell him to chill out and talk him out of a bad spot.

No when he said I should have been showing him the bjj way,I was saying thats what i was doing.

I don't do BJJ yet, but I will start soon. So here is my perspective:

I anticipate getting frustrated by the more experienced grapplers because of natural competitiveness and desire to do well. But I also realize that frustration is part of learning. I also realize that I choose to be there, and should act accordingly. Nobody forces me into class.

As a blue belt I would expect you to teach me and have more composure. But like I said, as a beginner I should be more mature.

Where you wrong to do what you did? Not sure that can be answered here, but I would expect maturity to come with your advanced skills. If the guy is a dick and tries to threaten you then you should naturally respond. But if he just doesn't understand, you should teach.

I don't do BJJ yet, but I will start soon. So here is my perspective:

I anticipate getting frustrated by the more experienced grapplers because of natural competitiveness and desire to do well. But I also realize that frustration is part of learning. I also realize that I choose to be there, and should act accordingly. Nobody forces me into class.

As a blue belt I would expect you to teach me and have more composure. But like I said, as a beginner I should be more mature.

Where you wrong to do what you did? Not sure that can be answered here, but I would expect maturity to come with your advanced skills. If the guy is a dick and tries to threaten you then you should naturally respond. But if he just doesn't understand, you should teach.

Well I mean I was working with him and helping him at first but you know it seemed like the entire time though he wasnt he trying to listen to anything I had to say

I just think that he wasn't used to getting dominated, like you said. BJJ grappling is obviously much different than TKD, and similar to school, you're popular in elementary school because you're a senior grade 8, but when you reach highschool, you're a freshman alllll over again. SImilar to your situation, he's not used to getting put in his place.

I just think that he wasn't used to getting dominated, like you said. BJJ grappling is obviously much different than TKD, and similar to school, you're popular in elementary school because you're a senior grade 8, but when you reach highschool, you're a freshman alllll over again. SImilar to your situation, he's not used to getting put in his place.

Well said bro well said!

Did you're ego feel better after choking the newb? Did you feel good by disrespecting your coach who told you to go easy? Did this really happen?

Did you're ego feel better after choking the newb? Did you feel good by disrespecting your coach who told you to go easy? Did this really happen?

Did you not even everything in my first post and my explaination?Seems like you didn't or else you would have had a more educated response!

I feel like a penis because I havent been to BJJ since last wednesday.

It happens. Don't worry about it. At least you didn't hurt him. If he comes back just act like everything is cool. If he asks you to roll or if you get matched up with him say, "I hope this doesn't end up like last time." Humor, humility, and patience are your friends.

Back