Is THIS when the Jones hate started?

A lot of his posts are pretty decent. He seems to go in spurts. I've never heard of you before this bitch fest, but now you've proven to be a pretty shitty poster yourself.

Let he who is without lame posts cast the first stone

Your ad hominem and old internet boards falacy "I don't even know you" are hilarious.

Yes, he is a good poster. But that's no excuse to acting like a noob talking about stuff he didn't (at least it seems that way) just to prove a point.

to me, this was a gradative thing.

I actually followed him since his first fight, and knew he could become great due to his style.
In his loss to Hamil, I was amazed how well he took the loss.

I actually had him as a very nice, humble guy.

When he got the title instead of Rashad, I was happy for him.

But then, his fight with Rashad (not in the octagon, but the "I will fight him while Rashad was saying he'd never fight Jon), and how he behaved then, I did not like, but thought it was a big misunderstanding.

Was he coky? yeah, but I just though of it as being confident on himself. but this has a limit. I started hoping someone would beat him just to bring him down a bit.

But when he gets the contract with the UFC and he say those things like "They did it because I am a company men and I would never get a DUI" and then proceeds to get a DUI....

Or how he threw Machida down as it was more important to show swag than to be nice... I don't know.
From then on, I just can't seem to get a good reason to like him.

His eye pokes (and subsequent video mocking it), or the oblique kicks and how he is proud to "give someone a limp for the rest of his life" (his words, not mine)....

It just rubs me the wrong way.

I am not a hater though. I like his fights and love his style. He also shows he has heart and does not give up.

He doesn't have to be my friend. And as such, I don't have a problem with it. But this doesn't mean I don't frown, SMH and say "what a d*ck" from time to time ;)
Same for me, he went from being humble to being a cocky douche.
Great fighter though.

Also, I've lurked here and in boards from Brazil (home of a lot of fighters he beat).

So if he was being praised here and over there, it means that he had a good chance of trying to reach people after becoming the champion.

His loss, he had the ticket for greatness, but will only be remembered by the niche community of mma fans.

No, I'm just telling you that you were not with the majority of MMA fans, who were excited about this new champion with fancy moves and who fought multiple times per year.

Every single good fighter has haters, either more or less vocal about it. You were just one of them, so don't speak for the rest of the community or try to rewrite history according to your terms.

Fans gave him plenty of chances to be loved. Dude, however, didn't take them and the hate gradually (and, imo, deservingly) expanded.

Yeah, i know, that's exactly what i said "A few of us sparked the hate". This thread is about when the hate STARTED

and you're just trying to conjure up some fallacy where we all hate jones because he's a great fighter.

Your ad hominem and old internet boards falacy "I don't even know you" are hilarious.

Yes, he is a good poster. But that's no excuse to acting like a noob talking about stuff he didn't (at least it seems that way) just to prove a point.

It's 60,000 in 5 years btw

Yeah, i know, that's exactly what i said "A few of us sparked the hate". This thread is about when the hate STARTED

and you're just trying to conjure up some fallacy where we all hate jones because he's a great fighter.

Quite the opposite, I'm saying that people gave him the benefit of the doubt BECAUSE he is a great fighter and DESPITE of his antics.

And post count (in any board) just means that you posted, nothing else.

For me it was when he said to Rashad "This is the second time you ruined my special night."

Just rubbed me as a bitch comment. Hell of a fighter though, but I've rooted against him after that. Rooting for a DC Bigfoot type KO.

Exact same thing for me.

After that I just couldn't root for someone who comes off like a whiny high school kid.

Started right from the beginning. I used to be a fan and defend him so I remember. I root against him now.

The hate started when Jones started to sign things "Jon Jones UFC Champion 2011" during the run up to the Shogun fight.

First, the champion, who actually has a point here that Jones identifying himself as a UFC titlist is, at best, premature

Mate, if you google da speeit, the third and fourth results are links to OTHER forums saying what a pathetic poster you are.

That's pretty telling.

Now you're just catering to his ego. lol

Lol, I've never seen anything like it. He thinks he's famous, I think he's a waste of forum space...google proved me right so I'll leave him to his full time hobby now

If it started around Rashad's beef, why was I fighter bashing him and accusing the UFC of fixed fights when he beat Bader?
Other than me being a hater.

Too many new fans trying to tell us what history is what. I remember when all of this happened.

*Hammil fight, he thanks god*
*Vera fight acts like a fucking weirdo*
*Reveals he snitched on kids selling pot*
A whole year goes by
Rashad Beef

I think a lot of people overlook the Vera incident is because, well, it's Vera.

Rest assured, my friends, JJ will get what he deserves tonight! :)

Noob,

People here and all over the internet (no only in US) went apeshit when he started demolishing people. The fans of Shogun and Rampage were butthurt, but the rest were actually happy to see such a great fighter becoming champion at such a young age.

The hate grew gradually, due to his awkward personality, "fakeness" and controversial quotes.

That's how it happened. He had haters like every good fighter, but people gave him the benefit of the doubt for a long time.

THAT'S how it happened, quit your revisionist shit. Or maybe you are trying to talk about something you didn't see for yourself, dunno.

There's people, and then there's the people who matter. Things don't "begin" when the dim-witted mob finally notices the happenings within it's midst.

There's people, and then there's the people who matter. Things don't "begin" when the dim-witted mob finally notices the happenings within it's midst.

I'm talking about MMA boards. Sherdog is not the only place to talk about it. I thought it was obvious.

Edit: Also, a lot of the "people who matter" for you were saying Jones was untested and would get beaten by the experienced Shogun, lol.

I admit I wasn't 100% sold on him yet. And I never liked him or wished for him to win, btw.

when he illegally defeated Matt Hammil. I heard people say he was proud of his illegal move when he did the somersault and bow

He came off as an ignorant hothead after the Hamill fight. Hard to stand by a guy that can't keep his crap together in the cage.

The hate for Jones started because he completely embarrass Shogun and the internet MMA nerds when He thoroughly dominated him. People just dont want to admit they were wrong when trying to convince their casual friends that Shogun was the best ever and would easily snatch him up in a kneebar.

Whenever he gave that interview where he talked about turning in marijuana smokers.

It started the moment he beat shogun. One of the biggest cases of butthurt ever

Back