Is THIS when the Jones hate started?

I think there are a few reasons. He's a beast in the ring and generally puts a good beating on his opponents - and that means many fans' favourite fighters have suffered at his hands. Most fighters/athletes as good as he is, typically are humble about their skills and abilities - JBJ isn't humble in the slightest. That's a quality people don't like in anyone - whether it be a lawyer, professor, or athlete or whomever. Plus, he says he wants to be liked, but doesn't do the types of things that people who want to be liked do. And then he appears to revel in and enjoy the dislike directed at him. These are unlikeable qualities, thus he is disliked.

^No, it doesn't noobs
Vera fight. The weigh in. All started there.

Noob,

People here and all over the internet (no only in US) went apeshit when he started demolishing people. The fans of Shogun and Rampage were butthurt, but the rest were actually happy to see such a great fighter becoming champion at such a young age.

The hate grew gradually, due to his awkward personality, "fakeness" and controversial quotes.

That's how it happened. He had haters like every good fighter, but people gave him the benefit of the doubt for a long time.

THAT'S how it happened, quit your revisionist shit. Or maybe you are trying to talk about something you didn't see for yourself, dunno.

It originally started when he said he told on kids that were smoking pot

I was thinking the same thing. He pissed off all of the Diaz nutthugers first, then he just built upon that.

Oh it definitely was but Jones proved us right in the long run

Also, apart from being rude to everyone why are you on here all day making something like 50+ semi aggressive posts a day? Don't you have anything better to do

Noob,

People here and all over the internet (no only in US) went apeshit when he started demolishing people. The fans of Shogun and Rampage were butthurt, but the rest were actually happy to see such a great fighter becoming champion at such a young age.

The hate grew gradually, due to his awkward personality, "fakeness" and controversial quotes.

That's how it happened. He had haters like every good fighter, but people gave him the benefit of the doubt for a long time.

THAT'S how it happened, quit your revisionist shit. Or maybe you are trying to talk about something you didn't see for yourself, dunno.

Oh yeah, because he was just barely scraping by before the Vera fight lol
His "awkward personality" and "fakeness" started coming out leading up to the Vera fight after Vera said in a VS interview "Jon JONES...THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST HIMSELF" and Jones got pissy about it.

I lived through it, watched it, even made a thread directed at Sherdog poster TruthBeTold.

I remember it happening. Are you going to tell me my memories didn't happen or naw

Also, apart from being rude to everyone why are you on here all day making something like 50+ semi aggressive posts a day? Don't you have anything better to do

Yes, and I do that as well.
You can just put me on ignore dude, you really don't matter to me.

Yes, and I do that as well.
You can just put me on ignore dude, you really don't matter to me.

Thanks, I will. I can see why you pay, it's so you don't get banned.

60,000 + posts in four years- your posts are like dog shits all over a lawn

It originally started when he said he told on kids that were smoking pot

And then crashed his car while drunk. Like DC said, he's "fake". People can smell that, and it turns them off.

Love to watch him fight though.

Thanks, I will. I can see why you pay, it's so you don't get banned.

60,000 + posts in four years- your posts are like dog shits all over a lawn

A lot of his posts are pretty decent. He seems to go in spurts. I've never heard of you before this bitch fest, but now you've proven to be a pretty shitty poster yourself.

Let he who is without lame posts cast the first stone

His "awkward personality" and "fakeness" started coming out leading up to the Vera fight after Vera said in a VS interview "Jon JONES...THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST HIMSELF" and Jones got pissy about it.

I lived through it, watched it, even made a thread directed at Sherdog poster TruthBeTold.

I remember it happening. Are you going to tell me my memories didn't happen or naw

People have different experiences though, and probably were not as up on all of Jones's antics at that point as you were, as you are obviously a hard core fan among hard core fans. My memory is Rampage really stoking the "he cocky" thing going into their fight, and bringing that perception to the masses, and people really turning on Jones going into the Rashad fight, once they got accustomed to his in-cage brilliance as he blew through the established elite of the division.

No, I'm just telling you that you were not with the majority of MMA fans, who were excited about this new champion with fancy moves and who fought multiple times per year.

Every single good fighter has haters, either more or less vocal about it. You were just one of them, so don't speak for the rest of the community or try to rewrite history according to your terms.

Fans gave him plenty of chances to be loved. Dude, however, didn't take them and the hate gradually (and, imo, deservingly) expanded.

to me, this was a gradative thing.

I actually followed him since his first fight, and knew he could become great due to his style.
In his loss to Hamil, I was amazed how well he took the loss.

I actually had him as a very nice, humble guy.

When he got the title instead of Rashad, I was happy for him.

But then, his fight with Rashad (not in the octagon, but the "I will fight him while Rashad was saying he'd never fight Jon), and how he behaved then, I did not like, but thought it was a big misunderstanding.

Was he coky? yeah, but I just though of it as being confident on himself. but this has a limit. I started hoping someone would beat him just to bring him down a bit.

But when he gets the contract with the UFC and he say those things like "They did it because I am a company men and I would never get a DUI" and then proceeds to get a DUI....

Or how he threw Machida down as it was more important to show swag than to be nice... I don't know.
From then on, I just can't seem to get a good reason to like him.

His eye pokes (and subsequent video mocking it), or the oblique kicks and how he is proud to "give someone a limp for the rest of his life" (his words, not mine)....

It just rubs me the wrong way.

I am not a hater though. I like his fights and love his style. He also shows he has heart and does not give up.

He doesn't have to be my friend. And as such, I don't have a problem with it. But this doesn't mean I don't frown, SMH and say "what a d*ck" from time to time ;)

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2009/12/04/jon-jones-i-was-always-the-kid-that-snitched/

“I’ve always been a person who tries to do the right thing in life, for the most part,” said Jones. “I’m no angel, but I was always the kid who snitched on the kids who had pot. I don’t want to offend the pot smokers out there, but I was kind of just a snitch. I was just down for people doing the right thing. My parents kind of raised me to be a good guy. I’ve always been down for the good side, I guess.”

I became a hater Dec 4 2009, when it all began!

jonchokemac_medium_medium_medium.gif

Back