Is this the worst p4p ranking out there?

Bader wasn't good enough in the UFC? For what? Dude was top 10, maybe top 5 when they cut him and would still be ranked in the UFC right now if he was there.

Wasn't he #5 when they cut him?

Ryan Bader did not get cut by the UFC.

He completed his contract (ending by winning 7 out of his last 8 UFC fights, including the final 2 by KO), and was a free agent signing by Bellator.

Bader wasn't good enough in the UFC? For what? Dude was top 10, maybe top 5 when they cut him and would still be ranked in the UFC right now if he was there.
He would still be ranked but would he be a top 10 pfp fighter like this list suggest? I highly doubt that

Guys coming off KO losses (DJ, Stipe, etc) should NEVER be listed in the top 10 p4p.

p4p, beyond showcasing skill and dominance, is very much a "who's hot right now" list. Volk is coming off of two straight wins over Max fucking Holloway. Stipe and DJ got put to sleep in their last fight.

The only way you should possibly stay on a top 10 p4p list after a loss is if that loss was a super controversial split decision or something. Otherwise, you have to work your way back on after a loss.

This.

They dont do them this way, but they absolutely Should. Its the only way it makes sense

I think this is legitimately the first time I’ve seen Bader on anyones p4p list.

Dumbest thing about that ranking is Jan just being "honorable mention" lol.

Below Izzy (who he beat rather handily) and 5 or 6 guys who aren't even champ....

Also Ngannou that high on a P4P list when it's pretty clear he wins mostly by raw power.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/rankings
Ryan Bader and Mckee ranked above Volkanovski.Poirier,Oliveira,Whittaker,Moreno, and Holloway. What's worse is that Jan blachowicz isn't even in the top 15.

DJ is ranked #4, i mean i like Dj but he's not a top 5 or top 10 p4p anymore.
I think AJ can be ranked especially after his last few performances, but yeah pretty bad.

You know what fuck it, rank Jan as no. 15 instead of Rob. Jan is on a win streak plus 2 ko/tko’s and beat the guy that beat Rob. I think that warrants a spot. Also add Kamaru as number 1 and DJ out of the top 10 P4P.

The same Ryan Bader who couldn't make it in the big time so he moved to the minor leagues? <45>
He was ok, god knows with rumble and DC gone he would be a top 10 LHW and even top 10 HW.

Bellator's LHW division is more competitive at the top. Nemkov would ragdoll Jan and Jiri (just like first time) on the same night.
I highly doubt that last part.

This.

They dont do them this way, but they absolutely Should. Its the only way it makes sense

Exactly. It's how boxing has done them forever and it works.

https://www.ringtv.com/ratings/
https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_...-rankings-new-no-1-well-deserved-debut-top-10

Nobody is coming off a loss, nobody just got KTFO, 7 out of 10 are undefeated world champions, Canelo hasn't lost in 8 years. Lomachenko was a top p4p darling, he lost a very close decision against a much bigger man and had to get another dominant win to get that 9th spot.

DJ gets KTFO by an unknown, unranked guy and he's above Volk who is an active champ and just got two wins over a top p4p guy in Holloway. Ridiculous lol

That's actually really bad. Even if you want to have Bader somewhere on the list, he would obviously go below Nemkov who beat him definitively

Back