Is this the worst era for Boxing?

It's the worst era of boxing when it comes to making fights, you have 5-6 extremely good fighters at LW through WW, and at the even lighter weight classes you have some absurd talents too but most of the fights aren't being made. So while there is talent, we won't see how good they are because these dudes will never fight each other.

SMW throught HW sucks dick though tbh, they just lost all their talented fighters over the last few years. We'll have to see how it shakes out. I don't have much faith in them though

Honestly, I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Top Rank is in the middle of so many of these instances that have blue balled fans. Top guys being inactive, big fights not being made. The guys well past his sell by date and his inability to make enough of the big fights, his lack of gusto in getting his fights infront of the biggest crowds possible, securing the biggest purses and platforms for his fighters, is a travesty. That Josh Taylor and Jose Ramirez fought to unify their division in what practically amounted to witness protection is a travesty.
Hearn isn’t perfect, but at least he’s clued in and hungry. Arum is an old ass albatross on the sport. The sooner he’s gone the better

Dunno, I think boxing is much more entertaining now than it was 10 years ago or during a good chunk of the 00s. I don't have many complaints past the stuff that has always plagued boxing.

I actually feel like boxing has come back a bit and has become more relevant in terms of pop culture. 10+ years ago it was pretty much Mayweather and Manny, granted they are bigger than anyone boxing today but i twas hard to get casuals to follow nay other stories outside of those two.

I think the past year or 2 prior to COVID, it felt like almost every week a big name fighter was fighting at MSG. MSG was kind of dead last decade in comparison, at least from what I remember. And if things are going well at MSG then that's a good sign for boxing.

There are more platforms that make watching international stars easier than back then to.

It's just my personal preference, but the past few years I've had more fun with boxing than I have since I was a young buck.

Bet yall miss the Klitschko's now.

The business of boxing fucking sucks but the talents never been better
idk bout that
the 70s 80s and going farther back had ridiculous amounts of talented amazing fighters . the 90s Wereretty damn good too

that's a hard claim on the talent
I ain't even trying to argue the business partner though

idk bout that
the 70s 80s and going farther back had ridiculous amounts of talented amazing fighters . the 90s Wereretty damn good too

that's a hard claim on the talent
I ain't even trying to argue the business partner though
I think fighters today are better and it shows in the modem techniques and form

I think fighters today are better and it shows in the modem techniques and form
I strongly disagree. Modern guys are worse than older heads in alot of ways.

There aren ues like McCallum now days. There are goodd guys but the level of overall well schooled talented fighters is much lower than before. I wont shit on modern guys because i have respect for people who put their life on the line in the ring. But there are many champs who wouldn't have been back in the day.

It’s frustrating that the best fights aren’t being made, but I definitely wouldn’t call it dead. There’s a lot to be excited about. When Canelo, Fury, Usyk, Wilder, or AJ fight, it’s treated like a holiday in my household.

And to the people blaming Jake Paul coming in and instantly being one of the biggest stars, let’s not pretend that doesn’t happen in MMA either. Since MMA is being brought up here. Nobuhiko Takada? CM Punk? Kimbo Slice? Bobby Ologun? Bob Sapp first got recognized for beating The Refrigerator Perry. I can’t think of anything in boxing currently as bad as Nobuhiko Takada vs. Mark Coleman. Why the hell is that loss even still on his record? Just saying this because a lot of people use Jake Paul as an argument for boxing being dead and I see people mentioning mma.

Back