Is this the Hardest Hit in Non-Contact Sport History?

Another one, although neither player was really at fault
BtnC96C.gif

Tbh, I only watched the vid after posting. I assumed the batter would get hit by the ball.

I assumed the baseball would be hit by the batter and hit the pitcher in the face.

I was like 'That was a weak hit, probably just got a single out of th.... OH MY GOD HE'S DEAD!"

Another one, although neither player was really at fault
BtnC96C.gif

You're really posting THIS soccer gif, and comparing it to the hit in the OP?

Looks like the player who got kneed may have a headache, and the other may need to put some ice on it.

<LikeReally5>

Oh the horror.

landscape-1465848250-sprint-car-crash.gif

Auto racing has the hardest hits.

The gif is not a hard hit, but it sure is an acrobatic one.

You're really posting THIS soccer gif, and comparing it to the hit in the OP?

Looks like the player who got kneed may have a headache, and the other may need to put some ice on it.

<LikeReally5>

Oh the horror.

It was knee to the skull and he was KO'd.
<Fedor23>

It would've died a looong time ago if not for fixers and the mob.
I went to see some games down in Miami years ago. I was so excited. I didn’t know much about the sport, just that it looks cool and I love obscure sports. What a gigantic disappointment. You could not have been more clear that these guys had the game is rigged. Lots of flopping and pretending to go for balls

Lee was always classy, except when he went, for charity, against Piers Morgan. I swear to god, that was attempted murder. :p

And the aftermath (Piers' hip):
article-2530594-1A507DEB00000578-56_634x618.jpg

The umpires need some protection, though watching them dive away from balls coming their way is hilarious. Billy Bowden was not amused:

Damn, I never wanted to feel sympathy for Morgan, the little toad. He had balls going in there, won over the whole crowd.

That's basically why I stopped playing cricket, I was a decent batsman but there came a point at puberty when the bowlers became fucking crazy. I live in Somerset and went to a school with a long cricket history and some of my schoolmates went on to play internationally.

Here's a Jai Alai accident. Faster than murrican stick ball.

Ok I may be a little drunk, and by that I mean a lot drunk, but I don't see how that injury happened. Just looks like the dude randomly collapsed.

Ok I may be a little drunk, and by that I mean a lot drunk, but I don't see how that injury happened. Just looks like the dude randomly collapsed.
The ball was too fast for the potato camera. Average speed of 120 mph. It's max recorded speed is 204mph. They just made helmets mandatory in the late 60s after a couple of casualties.

Cricket looks like a Monty Python skit where they do random things competitively

Auto racing has the hardest hits.

The gif is not a hard hit, but it sure is an acrobatic one.

Racing is my main sport. Whenever I see the conversation of "do you feel guilty watching MMA because of CTE? etc", I realise how desensitised I am to it all when I think of how many racing fatalities I've watched live over the years.

Back