Is this the guy replacing Mike Goldberg? (ESPN vid on Rousey does she deserve the title shot?)

BR701

Don't give me number one bullshit
@Green
Reaction score
This Max Kellerman guy is rumoured to be replacing Goldy or Joe.

The video is also a good discussion on why Rousey is coming straight into a title shot after a loss, and not even against the person she lost to. Thoughts sherbros?

Kellerman however argues that she does deserve it, he seems to be towing the company line and his views seem right in line with the UFC propaganda, so I'm thinking him being the guy is probably right.

He does boxing for HBO and First Take with Stephen A Smith.

I doubt it.

He does boxing for HBO and First Take with Stephen A Smith.

I doubt it.
Dana said in an interview he finally signed a guy he's been chasing for years. Dana is or was, a boxing guy. Makes sense.

Rousey deserves a titleshot, she will still get fucked up by Nunes though.

Rousey deserves a titleshot, she will still get fucked up by Nunes though.
The guy in the vid makes some good points, did you watch it?

The guy in the vid makes some good points, did you watch it?

Yes i watch it but for me when a fighter is as dominant as Ronda was, with 7 or 8 consecutive world titles, i think she automatically deserves a immediate rematch when losing the belt. Just like Anderson or Aldo.

I rather they sign someone who loves the sport, over some mainstream "respectable" media person who's only in it for the money

Jesus, he even looks like Goldie just less fat....and less on cocaine lol. He has that crazy look in his eyes like Goldie.

Is that guy any good?

Would he?

I don't know much about him!

Max is HBO boxing version of Joe, Jim Lampley would be the one who would be calling the action which would be equivalent to goldberg's role.

Jesus, he even looks like Goldie just less fat....and less on cocaine lol. He has that crazy look in his eyes like Goldie.

Is that guy any good?
He's the love child of Goldie and Jake Gyllenhaal

I still want them to keep Joe Rogan + Mike Golberg

but if it comes down to it, how about

Mike Goldberg + other guy for Fox/Fightpass cards
Joe Rogan + other guy for PPVs

Would be happy with Kellerman filling the second slot in either- dude is great TBH and has a great voice, charisma and knowledge. Also just has a more "modern" way of talking, doesn't come off as annoying or douchey and KNOWS his shit

This Max Kellerman guy is rumoured to be replacing Goldy or Joe.

The video is also a good discussion on why Rousey is coming straight into a title shot after a loss, and not even against the person she lost to. Thoughts sherbros?

Kellerman however argues that she does deserve it, he seems to be towing the company line and his views seem right in line with the UFC propaganda, so I'm thinking him being the guy is probably right.

Kellerman makes too much money with ESPN to leave that job but if he could juggle both it would be a welcome addition. If he wasn't the color commentator that is. Kellerman knows boxing he doesn't know MMA at all from my viewpoint.

I still want them to keep Joe Rogan + Mike Golberg

but if it comes down to it, how about

Mike Goldberg + other guy for Fox/Fightpass cards
Joe Rogan + other guy for PPVs

Would be happy with Kellerman filling the second slot in either- dude is great TBH and has a great voice, charisma and knowledge. Also just has a more "modern" way of talking, doesn't come off as annoying or douchey and KNOWS his shit
He's a good commentator but he is a boxing guy I doubt he knows the intricacies of MMA.

He seems okay. Not exactly huge shoes to fill if he's replacing Goldie.

And I agree she deserves the shot. Dominant champions usually do and it isn't her fault the belt has been passed around; if anything it helps her case after being so dominant herself. I think she was smart to take time off after such a devastating loss; her brain probably needed it.

Kellerman is a boxing guy through and through. He doesn't know shit about mma. It would be a mistake to have him in the ufc.

Back