Is this the best 'grappling' fight in MMA?

Diego vs Karo was also top notch.

Came to say this. What a crazy match. Caro hit a nice judo hip toss in typical fashion. Diego also landed a beautiful high knee from the clinch and knocked caro’s tooth out. Caro would later go on to say that it was a veneer, NOT a tooth lol.

Last edited:
Meh

It was a gentleman's agreement. If they had gone the other way and agreed to slug it out you would have never made this claim
There is an inherent danger in striking (that's why a lot of people like to watch it), if you lose you get knocked out and/or smashed.

Losing a friendly grappling exchange is much much less traumatic... surprised you even brought it up

KZ vs. Poirier is def. Top 5 in must see grappling t.v...

Was Brennan Ward vs Awad a "MMA fight"? Crocop vs Barry? etc
You can refer to my post above this.

A gentleman's agreement to strike is a dangerous game, an agreement to grapple is glorified practice.

There is an inherent danger in striking (that's why a lot of people like to watch it), if you lose you get knocked out and/or smashed.

Losing a friendly grappling exchange is much much less traumatic... surprised you even brought it up

<YeahOKJen>

You can refer to my post above this.

A gentleman's agreement to strike is a dangerous game, an agreement to grapple is glorified practice.
Interestin´... Grapplin´is not dangerous now... Like a delayed tap on a kneebar or kimura is kindah 'sweet'...

Interestin´... Grapplin´is not dangerous now... Like a delayed tap on a kneebar or kimura is kindah 'sweet'...
Which would you prefer?

To have the option to tap out?

Or take a shin upside the head?

Which would you prefer?

To have the option to tap out?

Or take a shin upside the head?
hmm.. nah.. This is not what ya initially said. Ya said one is "dangerous" & the other one is "glorified practice".

Consequently, your narrative is that SAKU wouldnt have fully locked a kneebar or a kimura in such a 'fight configuration'.
Confirmed?

Who the hell solicits Sherdoggers sliding into their dm’s?

<DisgustingHHH>

hmm.. nah.. This is not what ya initially said. Ya said one is dangerous & the other one is "glorified practice".

Consequently, your narrative is that SAKU wouldnt have fully locked a kneebar or a kimura in such a 'fight configuration'.
Confirmed?
Is there danger in grappling? Sure.

I think most folks that get submitted don't walk away with a blown out knee/arm/neck. Maybe im wrong

But im curious, when they talk about sparring too hard being bad for a fighter... do you think they are talking about too much wrestling and jits?

^^^confirmed?^^^

Is there danger in grappling? Sure.

I think most folks that get submitted don't walk away with a blown out knee/arm/neck. Maybe im wrong

But im curious, when they talk about sparring too hard being bad for a fighter... do you think they are talking about too much wrestling and jits?

^^^confirmed?^^^
Indeed, 'confirmed', my good friend.

This is exactly why Busta would criticize Toquinho (& finally split with him) when he would go too hard durin´ sparring, fully lockin´ leg locks & potentially injurin´ his trainin´partners.

Last edited:
Not a "grappling fight" per se but Cejudo/DJ 2 had some wild ass grappling exchanges / scrambles
Yep, this fight was an eye opener for me. First time I saw exciting grappling/wrestling.

Buscape vs azeredo

Back