Is this the best 'grappling' fight in MMA?

I remember Faber vs Jorgensen also had some of the best scrambled and grappling exchanges IMO.

joseph motherufkcin benavidez is the king of the scramble though

Ken Shamrock vs Royce Gracie 2 the all time great. I wish it was a longer fight.

Sakuraba vs Newton and Maia vs Shields stand out in my mind.

I have the link to the full fight but I think I’ll get banned, I’m not very familiar with Sherdog’s policies.
We post links, full fights, boobs with just the nipple covered. So on and so forth.

My point is your fine bud.

Just watched Diego Sanchez vs Nick Diaz, and I am blown away at the amount of skill they have shown in that fight. Diego got multiple takedowns, stacked Nick and landed some good GnP, but Diaz had multiple reversals, got his own takedowns and went for leglocks, omoplata and shown great wrist control from the bottom as well as landing a viscious upkick in the 2nd round.

maxresdefault.jpg

Sanchez 30-27 no controversy. Definition of a great fight! Anyone agree?

PM me if u wanna see the 'highlights'.
Yes, If not the best than close to it. Karo fights before the drug addiction stuff was nice to watch also.

Just watched Diego Sanchez vs Nick Diaz, and I am blown away at the amount of skill they have shown in that fight. Diego got multiple takedowns, stacked Nick and landed some good GnP, but Diaz had multiple reversals, got his own takedowns and went for leglocks, omoplata and shown great wrist control from the bottom as well as landing a viscious upkick in the 2nd round.

maxresdefault.jpg

Sanchez 30-27 no controversy. Definition of a great fight! Anyone agree?

PM me if u wanna see the 'highlights'.

Yep great fight loved it even though nick lost.

Michinor tanaka vs kyung ho kang was one of the most entertaining grappling matches I've ever seen in MMA.

Maia vs. Askren and Shields was the highest level you'll see in mma.

Also, check out Maia vs Jason McDonald.

Last edited:
The Nakamura vs. Cristea match was pretty epic.

Sakuraba vs Newton and Maia vs Shields stand out in my mind.
Saku vs. Newton should not be considered an MMA fight... not gonna go out and say it was a work, but it was a grappling match at best

Belcher vs Palhares was my favorite one

Palhares was on a heelhook rampage and Belcher not only stopped it but almost put him into a twister before GNP-ing him into an oblivion

Saku vs. Newton should not be considered an MMA fight... not gonna go out and say it was a work, but it was a grappling match at best

Fair point, won’t argue

May be because it's so recent, but Maia/Askren was pretty awesome. What sets it apart is how fast the attempts and defenses happened. And Maia chaining the attempts together after each defense.

Also, it didn't end with a submission, but the chess match going on before Belcher smashed Palhares was badass

EverlastingWanHyena-size_restricted.gif

ConsciousHeavenlyFlickertailsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

ShorttermVeneratedDassierat-size_restricted.gif

alan-belcher-elbows.gif
Belcher staying on the ground and pulverizing Paul Harris was quite the performance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back