Is this the beginning of the end...

it probably means hes making more money than he was before. The only people that i see leaving are people that are past their primes so far. I think if people seriously started to leave, zuffa would simply make contracts or base pay better

There is a difference between hemorrhaging fighters and fighters not happy with the present deal.

There are alot of people that would love to see the UFC fail, and project this want in the forums on a daily basis....we should be able to read through these posts and not take them all seriously.

....UFC has some broken parts for sure, but I don't think any hemorrhaging is about to happen any time soon

It's very simple all the fighters that are loosing alot of money from sponsors need to plead there case when signing on again and at the very least the ufc needs to reflect on the show money side a increase to reflect what the fighters worth is and aswell a loss of sponsors incentive or bonus . But fighters need to prove that the amount they say they are loosing is in fact what they have lost . It's a tough thing to work but the ufc needs top and well known talent and they need to tread water very lightly because if the fighters don't get some sort of compensation from this loss of sponsors then there will be alot changing in the ufc roster . I'm hoping atleast that they will do the right thing

There is a difference between hemorrhaging fighters and fighters not happy with the present deal.

There are alot of people that would love to see the UFC fail, and project this want in the forums on a daily basis....we should be able to read through these posts and not take them all seriously.

....UFC has some broken parts for sure, but I don't think any hemorrhaging is about to happen any time soon

I agree, if someone like Thompson were in the shallow HW division, then you could make a case, but its not that hard to see why young guys, especially Almeida would re-sign with UFC. He probably wasn't all that hurt by the Reebok deal, whereas Thompson was probably financially raped in a division where there isn't many easy fights.

I prefer to look at it as the end of the beginning.

The Reebok deal sucks, at least from what I've seen - but if Thomas keeps winning as impressive as his last 3 fights in the UFC/throughout his entire career, he will start getting some real good money from the UFC, even if the money from Reebok sucks.

The way he knocked out Pickett was just insane. Pickett has an unbelievable chin and ability to take punishment and stay in the fight, so for Almeida to put him away with that perfect knee, just crazy. That's a HUGE win for Almeida. Pickett is a true veteran, he's been around for a long time and has been in there against some of the best guys throughout his career, for Almeida to put him away like he did is very, very impressive. The fact he's so young just makes it even more impressive.

I've had my eye on Almeida for quite awhile now, I remember making a thread about him here telling people to pay attention to him because this guy really has a bright future ahead of him and that he's going to be one of the most exciting guys to watch. I can't wait to see what he's like in about 3-4 years or so.

The Reebok deal sucks, at least from what I've seen - but if Thomas keeps winning as impressive as his last 3 fights in the UFC/throughout his entire career, he will start getting some real good money from the UFC, even if the money from Reebok sucks.

The way he knocked out Pickett was just insane. Pickett has an unbelievable chin and ability to take punishment and stay in the fight, so for Almeida to put him away with that perfect knee, just crazy. That's a HUGE win for Almeida. Pickett is a true veteran, he's been around for a long time and has been in there against some of the best guys throughout his career, for Almeida to put him away like he did is very, very impressive. The fact he's so young just makes it even more impressive.

I've had my eye on Almeida for quite awhile now, I remember making a thread about him here telling people to pay attention to him because this guy really has a bright future ahead of him and that he's going to be one of the most exciting guys to watch. I can't wait to see what he's like in about 3-4 years or so.

This is what I'm trying to get across.

UFC at this point in time is going to be able to make much more substantial payouts to fighters that hustling for sponsors will no longer be required to make a living.

A UFC fighter will only have to train and fight, chasing down sponsors will be entirely optional.

If you want to use your exposure as a UFC fighter to do some local commercials like Chris Weidman and Al Iaquinta or plaster your ass all over twitter like Meisha Tate, that's up to you... but going forward UFC will be paying at a rate that is much more acceptable for the majority of fighters and no other org will come close to it.

of all the needless speculation about UFC hemorrhaging fighters because of the Reebok deal?

Thomas Almeida, one of if not the brightest prospect in all of MMA just signed a long term deal with the UFC despite the Reebok deal.

What does it mean Sherdog?

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/08/fast-rising-bonus-collector-thomas-almeida-inks-new-ufc-deal

It means nothing. He's a prospect and was likely making jack from sponsors before the Reebok deal. The ones hurting from it are name fighters.

This is what I'm trying to get across.

UFC at this point in time is going to be able to make much more substantial payouts to fighters that hustling for sponsors will no longer be required to make a living.

A UFC fighter will only have to train and fight, chasing down sponsors will be entirely optional.

If you want to use your exposure as a UFC fighter to do some local commercials like Chris Weidman and Al Iaquinta or plaster your ass all over twitter like Meisha Tate, that's up to you... but going forward UFC will be paying at a rate that is much more acceptable for the majority of fighters and no other org will come close to it.

Well, let's hope they do start paying a little more to their fighters now. They could definitely be paying more than what they do. The UFC brings in A LOT of money for some of their cards, so when you see the reported payout and see the some of the fighters made very, very little, it's just kind of crazy to me. I don't really know how accurate the numbers are for the fighter's reported payout, though.

I remember when there was a thread on here talking about Ian McCall making like, I don't know, 16k or some shit and people were complaining about how he's being gypped, then Ian posted in the thread saying he made way more than that from the UFC alone, not including his sponsor pay, so.

I'm not one who really complains about fighter pay like so many others do, but I do agree that the UFC does need to start paying more money to a lot of their fighters.

The fighters should definitely go and look for some sponsors outside of the UFC still, though. The more money, the better, right?

Let's hope the fighters start getting some more money than what they do. Not McGregor, Rousey, and all of their big, high paid stars - but the other fights, the majority of fighters on the roster, you know? Most of them make very little money.

It's actually kind of sad that a lot of people on here seem to think that the money they make is all pocket money, too, lol. Like, look at Lauzon's pay for his loss against Iquinta - it says he got $36,000, now, that's not very good for a professional fighter, in my opinion. Especially a guy who has been with the UFC since 2006, 13 post-fight bonuses (more than anybody else in UFC), etc, etc, and only making $36k?

OK, so, that money to us.. $36k would be fucking great for someone like you or me to make in one night. It's not all spending money, as we both know. They have to pay a certain percentage to their coach, manager, trainers, etc, all that stuff. They may lose half or maybe more than what they were paid, I wouldn't know. I've seen some people on here act as if something like that is GREAT money because they think it's all spending money, you and I both know this is not true.

So, let's hope the majority of fighters will start getting more money. Not McGregor, Rousey, and all the stars, but the hundreds of other fighters they have. It's fucking crazy to see guys getting only $8,000. Whether it's their debut or not, that's just crazy to me. At the end of the night, they probably have like.. fucking nothing left, you know?

Anyway, this message is way too long and I know you likely do not want to read all of this shit.

It's very simple all the fighters that are loosing alot of money from sponsors need to plead there case when signing on again and at the very least the ufc needs to reflect on the show money side a increase to reflect what the fighters worth is and aswell a loss of sponsors incentive or bonus . But fighters need to prove that the amount they say they are loosing is in fact what they have lost . It's a tough thing to work but the ufc needs top and well known talent and they need to tread water very lightly because if the fighters don't get some sort of compensation from this loss of sponsors then there will be alot changing in the ufc roster . I'm hoping atleast that they will do the right thing

Your Grammar is so bad, I will not even consider reading that.

Your Grammar is so bad, I will not even consider reading that.

Grammar should not be capitalized. Also, there should be a period or even an exclamation point instead of a comma. This should be written as two different sentences.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back