Is This Real Life?

Thats the one thing that keeps our essence going for sure Id say, and the only thing on the physical plane. If we go pure science then energy can never be created or destroyed, only transferred and transformed. By that logic our deaths merely transfers the energy locked in our cells into different forms. Shinto is in accordance with science regarding that.
I feel (and fear) like science has been nefariously hijacked and is working toward (or has the ability to) drive the spirit out of us.

What if the soul doesn't exist in the first place? No need for destruction.
Only the idea of it is destroyed.

Anyway, if that's your thing, buddhism's got you covered. No soul.

Always figured it was one soul that we all share. Then the yin yang of that soul might allow it to be considered as two. Light Buddha and Dark Buddah forming the whole as it were.

Brian Cox was a guest in Joe Rogan's podcast and he gave an explanation on why it's possible that we're living in a simulation. I'll post the video later.

I didnt know that about buddhism. When I look at all religions, buddhism seems to be nearest to the way I see the world (currently, atleast) but the lack of a soul thing is throwing me for a loop (I havent looked that deep in to any religion, to be fair)
Buddhism is a philosophy, not a religion (ie. No god). Some cultures have attached religiosity and religious trappings to it, but at core it is a philosophy. Which is why it sits well with many modern, probably atheist, possibly existentialist, thinkers.

Yeah, there are quite a few concepts in buddhism i can't wrap my head around either. Karma being one.

The 'no soul' bit, as far as i have understood it, is the basic premise that everything is impermanent, implying there is no individual or permanent 'soul' and, ultimately, what we are is pure awareness. Pure mind. (not the thinking mind - not the intellect - but actual awareness itself)

Last edited:
Always figured it was one soul that we all share. Then the yin yang of that soul might allow it to be considered as two. Light Buddha and Dark Buddah forming the whole as it were.
Yeah, i like that, too. Haven't come across a more sophisticated or kind way of approaching non-duality, than through a holistic understanding of duality (yin/yang). Easy to see why there was/is a natural blending/overlap of buddhist and taoist philosophy, in the East and elsewhere.

I've always thought about this. There are little things here and there that feel too much like a coincidence. Sometimes it feels like a set up for something else.

Has anyone else been doing something and all of sudden it feels like you wake up from a day dream? I mean you know you are doing something but it doesn't really hit home until you jump into yourself per say. It's a very odd feeling and tends to happen a lot while driving. I don't know if there is a term for it or not.

it used to be "if a tree falls in the forest and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound"

now, from what I've read and absorbed , it's more like if 'no one is there to observe it, does the forest even exist?

we're co-creators of our own reality.

Last edited:
Buddhism is a philosophy, not a religion (ie. No god). Some cultures have attached religiosity and religious trappings to it, but at core it is a philosophy. Which is why it sits well with many modern, probably atheist, possibly existentialist, thinkers.

Yeah, there are quite a few concepts in buddhism i can't wrap my head around either. Karma being one.

The 'no soul' bit, as far as i have understood it, is the basic premise that everything is impermanent, implying there is no individual or permanent 'soul' and, ultimately, what we are is pure awareness. Pure mind. (not the thinking mind - not the intellect - but actual awareness itself)
Good shit. No wonder buddhism stood out to me, I called myself an atheist most of my life. Advanced age combined with declining T levels has me questioning everything I thought I knew these days.

I've always thought about this. There are little things here and there that feel too much like a coincidence. Sometimes it feels like a set up for something else.

Has anyone else been doing something and all of sudden it feels like you wake up from a day dream? I mean you know you are doing something but it doesn't really hit home until you jump into yourself per say. It's a very odd feeling and tends to happen a lot while driving. I don't know if there is a term for it or not.
have felt it numerous times
some call it dissociative something or other.
totally weird IMO, but I've found the best tactic
is to just roll with it.
the brain is magnificent.

I dont think I believe in coincidences at all anymore. Everything is how it's supposed to be at all times.

I dont think I believe in coincidences at all anymore. Everything is how it's supposed to be at all times.
I kinda of think the same way now days. It's just better to live in the moment.

Good shit. No wonder buddhism stood out to me, I called myself an atheist most of my life. Advanced age combined with declining T levels has me questioning everything I thought I knew these days.
tumblr_nvcxhy9CnD1r52he3o1_500.gif

Back