Is This Real Life?

I think that is completely possible. I was raised Catholic so I actually think that could be a form of purgatory. You have another chance to grow and become a good person if you weren't in the past 'life'. If you fail, rinse and repeat.

Now imagine If this was really what happens, but before you start your new life, you wake up in a spirit in a black room with 3 green tunnels just like from super Mario, and you have to choose one to go down - each of them is a different life you’d be in as a newborn from a mother just giving birth.

I had a dream about this before. Literally just like this. With the same Mario tunnel soundtrack. There’s some meth induced theories for you. Lol

SMB_Warpzone.png

Personally I think the chances that we are in some sort of a simulation is more likely than that we are some biological organism just that evolved over time in the middle of some insane universe thing that just exploded into existence by chance?
I actually think death is something to look forward to in a weird way...maybe we get some answers
When we die we just take our headsets off in the real world after playing another great game of Human and eat dinner.

When we die we just take our headsets off in the real world after playing another great game of Human and eat dinner.

Fuck man who knows. I always joke when you die that you wake up and your non human looking homeboy says to you in some weird language “how was it?”

I think all we can prove is this life so do what you want and take every chance you get. Help others and be a good person

There’s a story The Egg which Logic uses as a skit on one of his cds where he is in a waiting room talking to “god” while he about to be reincarnated. “God” basically tells the character that he has been reincarnated thousands of times always as someone different. He explains nobody else exists, that the world he knew was created specifically for him to grow and mature and that everyone in his world was also him, so any act of kindness or hate he was acting on to himself. Eventually he explains that one day after he has matured and gained all the knowledge from millions of lives lived as every race gender sexuality etc etc, that he would be come a “god” just like him.

I am not religious and don’t believe in a “god” so to speak. I just find the story comforting and seems like a good way to go about living your life.
I read that post. Thought it was dumb and trying to sound overly deep and philosophical

Now imagine If this was really what happens, but before you start your new life, you wake up in a spirit in a black room with 3 green tunnels just like from super Mario, and you have to choose one to go down - each of them is a different life you’d be in as a newborn from a mother just giving birth.

I had a dream about this before. Literally just like this. With the same Mario tunnel soundtrack. There’s some meth induced theories for you. Lol

SMB_Warpzone.png

<{Joewithit}>

<5> [\spoiler]

Does anyone remember not existing or what it’s like to not exist? I think it’s virtually impossible to, because I don’t think we have never not existed. You’re energy or conscious or soul or whatever doesn’t end with death in my opinion. Shits bonkers and fun to think about...

I read that post. Thought it was dumb and trying to sound overly deep and philosophical

Not at all, I didn’t write it. I don’t think it’s that deep at all. It’s pretty simple but definitely has merit.

Not at all, I didn’t write it. I don’t think it’s that deep at all. It’s pretty simple but definitely has merit.
Oh I wasn't presuming you wrote it, and I do think its neat for sure and if anyone likes it that's cool, but it doesn't do it for me.

This world really is a stage. We are all acting our way through this life

The eastern philosophies are closest to the truth imo. Yes I think of these things often. Too much time to run the thinking unit I guess.

A shitty one that I dont see proposed or discussed often is that there is a mortal afterlife. So you can die as a ghost.

One of the more interesting things Ive read about the Christian faith is that Samael (maybe Michael but pretty sure Sammy), aka angel of death, aka grim reaper wields a sword that can destroy a soul utterly. The thought of complete soul/existence destruction is extremely intriguing to me.

The eastern philosophies are closest to the truth imo. Yes I think of these things often. Too much time to run the thinking unit I guess.

A shitty one that I dont see proposed or discussed often is that there is a mortal afterlife. So you can die as a ghost.

One of the more interesting things Ive read about the Christian faith is that Samael (maybe Michael but pretty sure Sammy), aka angel of death, aka grim reaper wields a sword that can destroy a soul utterly. The thought of complete soul/existence destruction is extremely intriguing to me.
Do you think offspring keeps our soul/spirit in existence or do childless people die for good? (I, too, have too much time on my hands and do too much thinking)

The thought of complete soul/existence destruction is extremely intriguing to me.

What if the soul doesn't exist in the first place? No need for destruction.
Only the idea of it is destroyed.

Anyway, if that's your thing, buddhism's got you covered. No soul.

Do you think offspring keeps our soul/spirit in existence or do childless people die for good? (I, too, have too much time on my hands and do too much thinking)
Ah. This ^^ is my strategy (childlessness) to escape the matrix/karma wheel.

( i too, have too much time for too much such line of thinking etc)

What if the soul doesn't exist in the first place? No need for destruction.
Only the idea of it is destroyed.

Anyway, if that's your thing, buddhism's got you covered. No soul.
I didnt know that about buddhism. When I look at all religions, buddhism seems to be nearest to the way I see the world (currently, atleast) but the lack of a soul thing is throwing me for a loop (I havent looked that deep in to any religion, to be fair)

Does anyone remember not existing or what it’s like to not exist? I think it’s virtually impossible
I feel like I have a vague memory of just kind of darkness. But I think maybe it was being in the womb. No words, no thoughts, or feelings. But I also kind of feel like I mainly became self-aware around 3. I just remember *boom* I was popping balloons with a noise making thing on my birthday, like the lights had just come on. Wtf was my mind doing before then?
I've never heard anything in development courses about how memories work for toddlers and younger.

Thats the one thing that keeps our essence going for sure Id say, and the only thing on the physical plane. If we go pure science then energy can never be created or destroyed, only transferred and transformed. By that logic our deaths merely transfers the energy locked in our cells into different forms. Shinto is in accordance with science regarding that.

Is this real life
Is this fantasy
Caught in a karaoke bar
No escape reality

Back