Is This Real Life?

DougieJones

You're The Man Now Dog Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Do you ever have thoughts about what this life is and if it is all real?

For example, sometimes I think about the possibility that this is not my real physical form, and nothing actually exists but myself here, in whatever world this is. Like nothing actually exists if I can't experience it at that exact moment.

I also think about the possibility that this is definitely some sort of simulation, and that our true selves cannot remember what we do in this world while in the true plane of existence, and vice-versa, but what we do while we are 'plugged in' to the simulation is recorded and when this self 'dies', our true selves are judged for the choices we made and how we chose to live and treat others.

What probably improbable thoughts and theories do any of you out there reading have?

243204.jpg

I don't think meth would conjure these thoughts

It definitely can. Ive known meth users who question themselves constantly and don’t think they are real, and have whacked out conspiracy theories all the time.

And - Psychosis is a trademark symptom of consistent meth use.

It definitely can. Ive known meth users who question stuff and have whacked out conspiracy theories all the time.

And - Psychosis is a trademark symptom of meth

<TheWire1>

Maybe I need to start trying some!

Personally I think the chances that we are in some sort of a simulation is more likely than that we are some biological organism just that evolved over time in the middle of some insane universe thing that just exploded into existence by chance?
I actually think death is something to look forward to in a weird way...maybe we get some answers

Personally I think the chances that we are in some sort of a simulation is more likely than that we are some biological organism just that evolved over time in the middle of some insane universe thing that just exploded into existence by chance?
I actually think death is something to look forward to in a weird way...maybe we get some answers

I completely agree about death, not that I want to die, but the possibilities of what could happen after life are very intriguing.

I completely agree about death, not that I want to die, but the possibilities of what could happen after life are very intriguing.

What I’ve always thought could be a possibility when you die is..

You are born again, as a new baby - a new life. Could be female, could be male. You obviously don’t know you had another life before, you could have had thousands before. But your spirit/your soul is there and you have yet another life to live and decide what your fate will be, by what decisions you choose to make throughout.

It’s hard for me to explain really. It would be just like your life now as whoever you are presently and when you die - you’re someone else. Your soul/spirit, but no recollection of whoever your soul was before your current life (you) dies. It that makes any sense.

It’s impossible to know what happens, it isn’t something anyone can find out. But just another theory

What I’ve always thought could be a possibility when you die is..

You are born again, as a new baby - a new life. Could be female, could be male. You obviously don’t know you had another life before, you could have had thousands before. But your spirit/your soul is there and you have yet another life to live and decide what your fate will be, by what decisions you choose to make throughout.

It’s hard for me to explain really. It would be just like your life now as whoever you are presently and when you die - you’re someone else. Your soul/spirit, but no recollection of whoever your soul was before your current life (you) dies. It that makes any sense.

It’s impossible to know what happens, it isn’t something anyone can find out. But just another theory

I think that is completely possible. I was raised Catholic so I actually think that could be a form of purgatory. You have another chance to grow and become a good person if you weren't in the past 'life'. If you fail, rinse and repeat.

Pro Tip: When you die, you go to the same place you were before you were born.

I think that is completely possible. I was raised Catholic so I actually think that could be a form of purgatory. You have another chance to grow and become a good person if you weren't in the past 'life'. If you fail, rinse and repeat.

Yes exactly. But of course it’s impossible to know who you lived as, as your last life. It’s an interesting theory. Could very well be possible.

There’s a story The Egg which Logic uses as a skit on one of his cds where he is in a waiting room talking to “god” while he about to be reincarnated. “God” basically tells the character that he has been reincarnated thousands of times always as someone different. He explains nobody else exists, that the world he knew was created specifically for him to grow and mature and that everyone in his world was also him, so any act of kindness or hate he was acting on to himself. Eventually he explains that one day after he has matured and gained all the knowledge from millions of lives lived as every race gender sexuality etc etc, that he would be come a “god” just like him.

I am not religious and don’t believe in a “god” so to speak. I just find the story comforting and seems like a good way to go about living your life.

Back