Is this overtraining?

Flying RNC

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I do kickboxing and train very much but i think i doing it too much. I train 5 days a week monday, tuesday wensday thursday and sunday booth camp and i just rest 2 days. I train about 6 months but i feel weaker and slower then in the early months i trained, and if i need to rest, when and how much should i rest? Thank you:icon_chee

Don't know about overtraining but if you feel you need rest then by all means you should rest. Or at least try lightening the load a bit. Have a "deload week" where you only couple sessions and light recovery work and then see how you feel.

Sounds like you need to take some time off, do some cross training.
Do you have a full time job, also?
You could be burning the candle at both ends.

Periodization

How long do training sessions last for, whats their intensity, whats your diet like (carb intake specifically)? How long do you sleep for each night (more or less than when you began), and have you been getting sick more often lately?

Likely to be over-reaching rather than over training. If you say yes to most of the above and have a low carb intake, just take 2 weeks off training, get your diet in shape and you'll be right.

Thanks for the replys guys i really aprecciate it ! getting beat up in sparring because im tired so quickly isnt the best thing to do so i will take some decent rest :)

What are you doing for recovery? Diet? What outside stresses/influences may impact your recovery (such as job/personal issues)?

Really, with a decent diet and proper recovery methods (multiple threads on this, do a search) you should be able to recover just fine assuming you do not have injuries or an underlying pathology.

Back